RE:BnB 2024

Tried to be as nude as possible, but the last day was definitely too chilly for me on the boat, so I stayed mainly clothed.

I guess being from New England helped some. There were ~40 of us from Solair and most of us were on loungers up on deck 10 the last day, at least in the morning. There were still indoor things to do nude when the sky got grey in the afternoon. We went to the sauna and steam room in the gym, mingled in the vendor area on deck 2, went to the talent show, and then to the shops and photo area.I wasn't going to get dressed on my last day on the ship! After dinner I had to triple check that I left out clothes for the next morning, then packed up everything else and put the suitcase out before heading up to the final show in the theater.

How much clothing did you bring?

On previous cruises I've worn just a towel wrap off the ship at private islands, but this was the first time I tried it in regular ports and in the main dining room. I was pretty confident it would be OK in Mahogany Bay since it is a Carnival-owned port area, but I had no problems in Cozumel either. I packed three sets of tee shirts, socks and underwear plus one pair of shorts for the 9 days we were on vacation and due to not really wearing anything in port other than Costa Maya still overpacked! I did do laundry 1/2 way through the cruise.

This post was edited

Tried to be as nude as possible, but the last day was definitely too chilly for me on the boat, so I stayed mainly clothed.I guess being from New England helped some. There were ~40 of us from Solair and most of us were on loungers up on deck 10 the last day, at least in the morning. There were still indoor things to do nude when the sky got grey in the afternoon. We went to the sauna and steam room in the gym, mingled in the vendor area on deck 2, went to the talent show, and then to the shops and photo area.I wasn't going to get dressed on my last day on the ship! After dinner I had to triple check that I left out clothes for the next morning, then packed up everything else and put the suitcase out before heading up to the final show in the theater.How much clothing did you bring?On previous cruises I've worn just a towel wrap off the ship at private islands, but this was the first time I tried it in regular ports and in the main dining room. I was pretty confident it would be OK in Mahogany Bay since it is a Carnival-owned port area, but I had no problems in Cozumel either. I packed three sets of tee shirts, socks and underwear plus one pair of shorts for the 9 days we were on vacation and due to not really wearing anything in port other than Costa Maya still overpacked! I did do laundry 1/2 way through the cruise.

One pair of shorts total or wore one and packed one?

This post was edited

One pair of shorts total or wore one and packed one?

We flew in from Boston I was wearing jeans! I had one pair of shorts which I wore two times. First going from Lake Como into Tampa to get on the ship, and second while we were in Costa Maya. I had the jeans back on when we got off the ship since we were flying back to Boston (and it was raining all morning in Tampa).

This post was edited

I have to say, this is a bucket list item for me. Im curious, for those that cruise carnival normally, is the ability to be nude the only difference? Are all activities, shows and such the same?

This post was edited

After dinner I had to triple check that I left out clothes for the next morning, then packed up everything else and put the suitcase out before heading up to the final show in the theater.I packed three sets of tee shirts, socks and underwear plus one pair of shorts for the 9 days we were on vacation and due to not really wearing anything in port other than Costa Maya still overpacked! I did do laundry 1/2 way through the cruise.

Since everything you brought would fit in one small suitcase, why did you bother with luggage service instead of just carrying it out yourself?

This post was edited

I have to say, this is a bucket list item for me. Im curious, for those that cruise carnival normally, is the ability to be nude the only difference? Are all activities, shows and such the same?

Next year they are using Norwegian, the line my wife and I are most familiar with. If she were willing to go (which she certainly would not) I would like to try it. The ship they are using has an outdoor buffet where they say you can have breakfast in your nightwear and lunch in your swimwear. I would really enjoy having breakfast in my "nightwear" (wedding ring and smart watch) and lunch in my swimwear (wedding ring only) but knew that isn't what they have in mind except on the nude cruise.

This post was edited

For the most part, everything is the same. Bare Necessities did bring along a couple of additional musical groups to supplement what was already onboard, and some of the shore excursions were made clothing optional. But you can't underestimate how much more participation there is with the "regular" activities compared to a textile cruise. Normally the cruise director and staff will have something like a salsa class by the pool on a sea day and a few people will join in. On these cruises the pool deck ends up packed with hundreds of nudists joining in the fun.

Since everything you brought would fit in one small suitcase, why did you bother with luggage service instead of just carrying it out yourself?

We had one regular suitcase to hold liquids that TSA won't allow as carry-on (mostly sunscreen!) which we also used to hold a couple of towels which we needed for our stay at Lake Como before the cruise and some of the small costume pieces for the theme nights. And Mrs. J&C did pack a little more than me (still not that much, but enough to fill one suitcase between us). Plus it is just more relaxing to get off the ship without our suitcase, especially since our flight wasn't until 2pm.

The ship they are using has an outdoor buffet where they say you can have breakfast in your nightwear and lunch in your swimwear. I would really enjoy having breakfast in my "nightwear" (wedding ring and smart watch) and lunch in my swimwear (wedding ring only) but knew that isn't what they have in mind except on the nude cruise.

We actively choose to have meals up on the pool deck so that we can remain nude.

This post was edited

I would agree with ma_jandc that most of the Carnival related stuff was the same. Only difference is obviously mostly nude, some nude excursions added to the list of all the regular excursions, talent show, no kids, and less participation during the day for some of the indoor activities (like beer pong), with some supplemental BNB sponsored activities like Cards Against Humanity and all the different sessions. I also noticed that almost every day had a different kind of liquor tasting with corresponding sales, so I wasn't complaining about that. My main activity is gambling in the evening when I'm on cruises and I would say the tables were pretty dead for most of the nights, so it's hard to play for a long time if you're the only one or one of two there. But there were a few other regulars that occupied the craps and three card poker tables throughout the week.

This post was edited