Free Swimming.

Im going for a picnic at a waterfall near Hebden Bridge. It has many pages devoted to it on the internet, called Lumb Falls. Many mainstream sites (guardian etc.) mention it as a place to go skinny dipping, whether this is the mainstream view of skinny dipping where you are expected to still keep underwear on I'll find out today. I will write about my findings and make recommendations. If anyone else has any, please jump in.

This topic was edited
RE: Free Swimming.

Well it was a very successful trip. The parking spot was easy to find and was right at the end of a path that lead straight to the the falls. we sat and had our picnic on a ledge just above the falls, very picturesque. We went during the week and only saw a few couples out for the day. I went for a skinny dip, the Mrs wasnt too keen due to the temp of the water, but its a very quiet/private spot. As with anywhere there is a risk of others walking but im sure most will just smile and carry on walking if they come across you.

This post was edited

Well it was a very successful trip. The parking spot was easy to find and was right at the end of a path that lead straight to the the falls. we sat and had our picnic on a ledge just above the falls, very picturesque. We went during the week and only saw a few couples out for the day. I went for a skinny dip, the Mrs wasnt too keen due to the temp of the water, but its a very quiet/private spot. As with anywhere there is a risk of others walking but im sure most will just smile and carry on walking if they come across you.It sounds great - I'll have to go and have a look. The only other free swimming place that I know in this area is Gaddings Dam near Todmorden (known locally as Todmorden Beach). Only ever seen people swimming in costumes or wet-suits there though, no skinny dippers.

This post was edited

I'll certainly have to give that a visit in the coming months, I'll just allow the temperature to warm a little so as I can dry naturally

This post was edited