2016 AANR Skinny Dip?

I've been waiting and lookin' out for some sort of ad or notice from AANR about the Skinny Dip this year and all I've been seeing is information left over from last year and years before that. Some of the resort sites I follow have a skinny dip on their calendar but no mention on AANR. My favorite resort even has the 2015 AANR banner ad again on their calendar for 2016.
Am I missing something? Has AANR decided to drop its promotion of this event?

This topic was edited
RE: 2016 AANR Skinny Dip?

I believe so ... as I read it, it was not going to be an annual event after the first failed try to break the established record. AANR felt that with all the other events going on, the Annual Skinny Dip challenge wasn't getting the numbers they'd hoped. According to articles and letters responded to in the Bulletin, they were going to shelf it for a while and then re-introduce later. Makes sense to me. ;-)

This post was edited

Ok, thanks. I hadn't heard that. And when I started looking for current info last night, to pass along to someone I'd met who is interested, I couldn't find anything but old stuff. I wonder what sort of numbers they were hoping for? They know better than me but it sure seemed to me like it was generating new interest. I hope they don't wait too long to try it again.
Anyhow, thanks for the enlightenment :-)

This post was edited

I think the numbers for the subsequent Skinny Dip Challenges were substantially low enough for them to can the idea. During that time, AANR's new President let the Exec. Director go and she was trying to get a sense of what was happening to the org and what she needed to focus on and the Skinny Dip Challenge was down the priority list.
Now that the new Exec. Director has been hired, she can begin working on her stuff and allow him to figure out what projects, events and functions he needs to work on and get busy "marketing" nudism again, from the orgs point of view.
I think it's a wise move to wait a bit. Maybe letting it lie a bit will be good for the org when it does resurface and membership may go back up! ;-)

This post was edited

I asked the owners at the club we belong to if it was happening this year. They responded that they hadn't heard anything about it meaning it was too late to start planning for it, so it wasn't going to happen.

This post was edited

The last two shinny dips were two years apart. It would be a shame to drop it entirely. It is a great opportunity for young and or new people to experience public nudism for the first time. It was mine and my wifes first time at a resort and both times we went we talked to many who tried being nude with others for the first time and to find comfort in closeness around others when you are all in the pool. AANR sponsors many other nude events but many are sports oriented and not everybody is able or wanting to participate in physical events. I say bring it back maybe every other year.

This post was edited

he needs to work on and get busy "marketing" nudism again, from the orgs point of view.I guess I'd better start paying more attention to what's going on with organizations that I support. I tend to be the type to just pay my dues and expect somebody else to make things happen. In this case, that would mean "marketing" and event promotion.

This post was edited