RE:Feedback - World Naked Bike Ride

I just did the ride in Austin.TX it was my first in Austin and my 4th overall. The rides are full of highlights. The expressions on peoples faces and the cheering from the spectators is so cool. I got to meet several new people including someone that like me will be in the Madison,WI ride next week. My advice is just enjoy it, make sure you and your bike are in good shape and most of all Behave yourself. no lewd behavior. There were no problems whatsoever everything went smoothly. I will ride next year but since there were several of the rides on the same day ATX, NOLA, Toronto and Columbus. in the east and Midwest I will have to choose. I already did NOLA twice and wanted to try something new. Austin did not disappoint. If everything falls into place I hope to do 8 of them this summer. My message to the organizers would be Kudos for a great ride!!

This post was edited
RE: Feedback - World Naked Bike Ride

I didn't participate , but would love to some day. Both Tampa and St. Petersburg are more liberal than they been in the past, maybe there is hope that either city would have a WNBR in the future. Looking forward to info that participates can share about their experiences.

Even if we could get local government to go along, Desantis would probably send in the National Guard. You would think Miami. Fort Lauderdale or Key West would be likely candidates. It has been tried in Miami with no success

This post was edited
RE: Feedback - World Naked Bike Ride

I didn't participate , but would love to some day. Both Tampa and St. Petersburg are more liberal than they been in the past, maybe there is hope that either city would have a WNBR in the future. Looking forward to info that participates can share about their experiences.Even if we could get local government to go along, Desantis would probably send in the National Guard. You would think Miami. Fort Lauderdale or Key West would be likely candidates. It has been tried in Miami with no success

Why do you think a WNBR would not be allowed in Florida?
Miami Beach to the best of my knowledge one of the few cities in the US that allows topless women on any beach.
Thongs are more acceptable on public beaches in the Florida than most other states.
A court ruled some years ago that Floridians can be nude anywhere on their own property, including a front yard fully visible from the street.
Texas is even more conservative than Florida and hosts 2 WNBRs.

This post was edited

My first! Did Philly, had a fabulous time. Beautiful day almost exclusively flat ride about 1500+/- riders mostly nude though far from all . Generally great atmosphere felt comfortable being nude in public we got great crowd reactions. Ill do again and am looking for additional cities to do, Buffalo? This summer? Love the statements nudity in public is cool and need not be sexual.

This post was edited

My first! Did Philly, had a fabulous time. Beautiful day almost exclusively flat rife about 1500+/- riders mostly nude though far from all . Generally great atmosphere felt comfortable being nude in public we got great crowd reactions. Ill do again and am looking for additional cities to do, Buffalo? This summer? Love the statements nudity in public is cool and need not be sexual.

Haven't done it but I am familar with Philly overall because I live nearby.
The shortest route between the end and beginning goes through some rather dicey neighborhoods.
Did that make you uncomfortable when you went through before or after the ride?

This post was edited

i rode in the 2019 WNBR in Philly, it was my first, it was awesome, we had a cpl hrs before the start, people mingled around, body paint was applied, food trucks cruised through the park as did several hundred cars with spectators. the ride wasnt hilly but it wasn't flat spectators lined both sides of the street cheering us on even had a flash or two...lol... good people and good times will most definitely do it again.

This post was edited

i rode in the 2019 WNBR in Philly, it was my first, it was awesome, we had a cpl hrs before the start, people mingled around, body paint was applied, food trucks cruised through the park as did several hundred cars with spectators. the ride wasnt hilly but it wasn't flat spectators lined both sides of the street cheering us on even had a flash or two...lol... good people and good times will most definitely do it again.

That makes at least 2 people who I had actually met who were there.
A friend from church and I were talking the next morning and he mentioned that he was tired and sore that day.
I asked him if he had done anything the day before that could have caused it and he said that he did the Philly WNBR.
Neither of us knew that the other liked to be nude prior to that.
He said that he parked at the end and rode his bike to the beginning so he would be going though the marginal neighborhood earlier in the day.
Did you do the same?

This post was edited

Im hoping to do my first WNBR in Philly this summer. How long is it? The ride I mean.

This post was edited

no i got a room the night before left my car in valet parking and rode my bike to and from there, then went to gunnison the next day was a great few days but wore out for sure

This post was edited

no i got a room the night before left my car in valet parking and rode my bike to and from there, then went to gunnison the next day was a great few days but wore out for sure

But did you leave your car at the beginning and ride back after the event or at the end and ride to the beginning first?

This post was edited