Glen Eden versus De Anza Springs

Does anyone have any suggestions on which one is better between Glen Eden and De Anza Springs? I will be visiting San Diego in second week of August. I am a single male and have heard good things about both resorts. Which one has a younger crowd? Which has more activities? I am going to be there for 3 days and need to pick one of the two resorts. Any thoughts or suggestions?

This topic was edited
RE:Glen Eden versus De Anza Springs

We are members of GE and have encountered rude office staff. I lodged a complaint to the GM. At the time, it was a male and before I could describe the person, he asked if the person was "...", I said, "yes" and he said, "I'll take care of it." So ... it seemed that there were many complaints about that person. This person has always been quite nice to us since then!

We've been members for many years now. We don't visit as often as we'd like but we are still there often enough for these office people to recognize us but even now, they ask us and question us as though we're first timers, until we give them our name and they look us up, then their demeanor changes and they usually become sickeningly polite and friendly.

I love DeAnza and Olive Dell. The staff and the people are more my speed but my wife dislikes the dirt, so we are members of GE. Some nice people at GE but there are more crumby, opinionated, suspicious people at GE than is really needed or called for. Funny thing is, my wife loves the hiking opportunities at DeAnza and Olive Dell and the fact that we can do it naked but she prefers the pavement and less dirt at GE.

This post was edited

I was a Gold Seal Member at GE for seven years before I moved to Colorado. I agree that the office staff was a bit gruff for a while, but the people there are great, especially if you like to play volleyball (not that sissy water volleyball, but the six man court kind). Awesome level of competition.

Since you asked about activities, I would have to say that GE is better. There is a lot more to do there. If you prefer to hike though, yeah, De Anza is better.

Hope that helps.

Don

This post was edited

We were Gold Seal members for two years and then let that type of membership go. Our grandkids got so involved in sports that it took up lots of our time. We found that we were being limited as to what days and how long we could stay and they were becoming less and less available days and if we did visit, it was only for a few hours. Just too long for us to drive for a few hours. We enjoy spending the day.

As it turns out, being a regular member has been difficult to find the day/days to visit. It won't be long before all our grandkids will be old enough that they aren't as interested in papa and granma and we'll have lots of time to visit and then Gold Seal will make more sense for us to purchase. I'm hopeful that by then, there will be a place for sale there and we can purchase it for when our nudist friends come to visit.

This post was edited

Unlike most of the other posts that I read on this thread I have not encountered rude staff at GE. I've never been a member, and have been there a handful of times. The people there are friendly enough and they have nice enough facilities. The first time I visited I had a nice nude hike, however the next time I visited the hiking trail had signs posted "No Nudity Beyond This Point." I'm sure it wasn't their choice but probably new neighbors that were complaining, which was a disappointment.
I haven't spent a whole lot of time at DAS (GE is much much closer to me), however I did stop by once to check it out. It was a lot more outdoorsy for lack of a better term from what I remember. What I mean by that is it felt more like a campsite than a resort or club (not that GE is super upscale or fancy). I didn't have time to exolore and go hiking there, but if you can hike nude on the trails there and that is what you are looking for then I'd go with that, but if you're looking to lounge by the pool, play tennis or things of that nature, my personal recommendation would be GE.

This post was edited

I second that. I did not face any rude behavior at all when I visited GE last summer. In fact, everyone was super nice to me. I plan to visit again in the near future, probably this summer.

This post was edited

I have been to both

De Anza Springs

Was quiter but more space to free hike!

This post was edited

Glen Eden

More organised and built up, definitely more sports opportunities!

This post was edited

De Anza Springs is truly in the middle of the desert. Hot, dry and dusty. Glen Eden is lusher place with more greenery. In the winter months De Anza Springs is the better choice. In the hot summer Glen Eden is more comfortable.

This post was edited