Should be customary umong nudists

I've always wished that their was a strict custom that you MUST COMPLETELY disrobe when entering a nudists home and stay completely nude for the duration of the visit in the same manner as when you enter a Japanese persons home you must take your shoes off and keep them off...

This topic was edited
RE: Should be customary umong nudists

We totally agree.My husband and I are always naked in our home.We wish when people come over they get naked instead of us getting dress.

This post was edited

I am usually not that strict. But maybe I should be. After all - whenever I visit the home of a vegetarian I am expected to eat like a vegetation although I am a non-vegetarian. And I gladly adjust to their practice.

This post was edited

We totally agree.My husband and I are always naked in our home.We wish when people come over they get naked instead of us getting dress.I would love that! My fiance and I wish we knew more people like that

This post was edited

I've always wished that their was a strict custom that you MUST COMPLETELY disrobe when entering a nudists home and stay completely nude for the duration of the visit in the same manner as when you enter a Japanese persons home you must take your shoes off and keep them off...umm...you'd not get many visitors if that were the case

This post was edited

I've always wished that their was a strict custom that you MUST COMPLETELY disrobe when entering a nudists home and stay completely nude for the duration of the visit in the same manner as when you enter a Japanese persons home you must take your shoes off and keep them off...umm...you'd not get many visitors if that were the caseI am good either way . . . if they aren't comfortable disrobing then so be it . . . I'd prefer they would but I respect anybody's feelings on such. I've enjoyed visitors while being the only nude person in the house and I have enjoyed fabulous afternoons/evenings socializing in the buff . . .the lot of us. jy

This post was edited

I am usually not that strict. But maybe I should be.After all - whenever I visit the home of a vegetarian I am expectedto eat like a vegetation although I am a non-vegetarian. And Igladly adjust to their practice.
In the name of reciprocity and mutual respect - since I am expected
to adjust to their lifestyle by cooking vegetarian food when they
are coming over to my house - shouldn't I be able to expect them to
remove their clothes when I am coming over to visit them - or at
least allow me to be naked? ;-)

This post was edited

Exactly.

This post was edited

I agree with the principal idea BUT not all would agree with being naked when visiting a naturists home as they maybe on the shy side or worried that others may see them or children about. I for one would be quite happy to strip off when visiting naturists as I feel comfortable naked when and where ever I can be.

This post was edited

Although this would probably keep the Mother in Law from dropping in at the worst times, I don't feel you can force your beliefs or opinions on others. We might be comfortable nude, but many others are not. I think it's disrespectful to force them into what is comfortable for you when they are a guest.Food is a good analogy. I have severe gastro-intestinal problems, and what I can eat safely is pretty limited. If I go to someone's house and they are eating something I cannot have, I politely decline. To force it on me could be disastrous.

This post was edited

It goes without saying that food allergies and other medical conditions must always be respected.When introducing thefood analogy I was referring to voluntarylifestyle choices - which I also respect. Some people prefer to live their life without eating meat while others prefer to live theirs without wearing clothes - and there is overlap between the two groups. I am sad that the nudist lifestyle is often the one that ismost misunderstood and therefore the least respected.

This post was edited