RE: Should be customary umong nudists

nudeAZdude, this is not nor should it be such a free lifestyle as you put it. Over half the nudist clubs are clothes free which means total nudity is mandatory weather permitting, as opposed to clothing optional. In Europe most of the nude beaches are clothes free as well, enforced by lifeguards. Me and my ex wife were members of a nudist club for 8 years and when we occasionally visited other clubs that were clothing optional, we hated being nude around people that were not completely nude. It made us feel awkward and most of our friends agreed with this. Rules are necessary. Why would anyone go to a nudist club or beach if not to be nude among other nude people?

This post was edited

Would be a good thing....I live a nude lifestyle

This post was edited

I went to a friends place and you guessed it I was greeted st the door by the nude husband so I went in and stripped off and joined them and a friend in the sunroom.
We had to go take the friend home so we all dressed and headed out, but stripped off on our return to enjoy a meal and watch TV. I was so relaxed I kept nodding off in front of the TV. So when the movie finished I got dressed again for the 40km drive home. I was temped to drive nude but it was a tad too cold. and I just wanted to get home.
However I stripped off and did the necessaries before a climbed into bed naked to enjoy a peaceful sleep.

This post was edited
RE: Should be customary among nudists

I think that would be appropriate under the conditions but do not
think it should be requiredby non nudists visiting. Around
where I live there would not be any chance of this happening
because there are no nudist that I am aware of and have to keep
mine in the house or at the local Y which there is only about three
of us that are completely in the locker room and shower. We do get
hard looks from most in there. Me and the other two sometimes talk
about it but they are not nudist, just believe in doing things the
proper way.

This post was edited

I've always wished that their was a strict custom that you MUST COMPLETELY disrobe when entering a nudists home and stay completely nude for the duration of the visit in the same manner as when you enter a Japanese persons home you must take your shoes off and keep them off...So by that rationale, if you're a smoker... when non-smokers visit your house they MUST light up a cigarette. And if you enjoy a good steak, when you invite your vegetarian friend over for supper, they MUST dig into a big fat t-bone along with you.
And if you're having some husband/wife couples over for an evening of cocktails, your gay friend MUST bring over a partner of the opposite sex, because you're a heterosexual couple, so everyone else MUST be too.
Right.

This post was edited

I've always wished that their was a strict custom that you MUST COMPLETELY disrobe when entering a nudists home and stay completely nude for the duration of the visit in the same manner as when you enter a Japanese persons home you must take your shoes off and keep them off...So by that rationale, if you're a smoker... when non-smokers visit your house they MUST light up a cigarette. And if you enjoy a good steak, when you invite your vegetarian friend over for supper, they MUST dig into a big fat t-bone along with you.
And if you're having some husband/wife couples over for an evening of cocktails, your gay friend MUST bring over a partner of the opposite sex, because you're a heterosexual couple, so everyone else MUST be too.
Right.Like

This post was edited

Is that really what you want, though? I get the impression that you want them to do so and you would like it if there was a convenient excuse. Take your shoe custom example. There are those that for one reason or another would just not visit that person's home. The custom you are seeking in this case necessitates the abandonment of our nudity taboo which in and of itself would favor more people to be inclined to share in the practice. Remember, our culture doesn't have a taboo attitude toward bare feet or not eating meat.

This post was edited

I agree why should you cover up make the visitors strip off or don't bother visiting

This post was edited

Why do you not apply this strict custom at your place, or do you? All you need to do is get all your textile friends and relation to agree to your strict custom in advance of each visit. On the day, you could be standing nude just inside your front door reminding them to strip off, or go away. If that's what you do at the moment, what is the issue? Why not have "No Clothing" like a "No Smoking" signs at the front door and elsewhere. It fact, wouldn't it be brilliant to have a global (ISO) standard "No Clothing" sign for display at our sort of places?

This post was edited

If we enforced the no clothes rule in our house in Vietnam we would have no visitors.
So we enjoy our freedom of being naked at home and, dress when we have visitors. Because social nudity is a taboo activity where we live.

This post was edited