RE: What is wrong with a man getting an erection in public.

I'm glad you you don't mind, Tammy! It should be the sincerest form of flattery for a lady. As humans, we are supposed to be civilized, but sometimes our animalistic traits take over. We men are simple creatures and can't help but think with our little heads sometimes, ever for just a split second, and usually all it takes to get an erection.

This post was edited

I like 'little head' as a descriptive euphemism for the penis.

This post was edited

No problem with a guy getting an erection in public. Problem keeping the erection in public. An erection is natural, but is associated with sex. I know we often don't have a choice in the matter and the penis simply refuses to listen to reason. We do have a choice as to whether to display that erection. My POV, put it away. It should not last all that long, so sit down and put a towel/shorts/shirt over it for a minute or two.
You have to ask yourself whether you are simply ignoring it completely, or allowing it to be seen. My bet is that you are not trying to ignore it completely, so don't display it.

This post was edited

No problem with a guy getting an erection in public. Problem keeping the erection in public. An erection is natural, but is associated with sex. I know we often don't have a choice in the matter and the penis simply refuses to listen to reason. We do have a choice as to whether to display that erection. My POV, put it away. It should not last all that long, so sit down and put a towel/shorts/shirt over it for a minute or two.You have to ask yourself whether you are simply ignoring it completely, or allowing it to be seen. My bet is that you are not trying to ignore it completely, so don't display it.

Doesn't covering it up defeat being a nudist? Would it not upset other
nudist if you cover up? I feel they would think that the person is not a nudist
and not willing to try being a nudist.

I feel that if an erection happens, people should just ignore it. The
erection does go away if the person who has it just ignores it. I feel that
it shouldn't be thought of as sexual. It is just a muscle. I have gotten
an erection from just stretching a few times; does that make me a pervert?
Erections are a natural thing, but if you punish or demean a man for getting
one you have made that person feel uncomfortable being nude. I know there are a
lot of men that have gotten an erection there first time being nude with
others. If we were all punished or made fun of, we won't have become
nudist. We shouldn't be making our community smaller, so just ignore erections
if they bother you.

This post was edited

No problem with a guy getting an erection in public. Problem keeping the erection in public. An erection is natural, but is associated with sex. I know we often don't have a choice in the matter and the penis simply refuses to listen to reason. We do have a choice as to whether to display that erection. My POV, put it away. It should not last all that long, so sit down and put a towel/shorts/shirt over it for a minute or two.You have to ask yourself whether you are simply ignoring it completely, or allowing it to be seen. My bet is that you are not trying to ignore it completely, so don't display it.

Doesn't covering it up defeat being a nudist? Would it not upset other
nudist if you cover up? I feel they would think that the person is not a nudist
and not willing to try being a nudist.
I feel that if an erection happens, people should just ignore it. The
erection does go away if the person who has it just ignores it. I feel that
it shouldn't be thought of as sexual. It is just a muscle. I have gotten
an erection from just stretching a few times; does that make me a pervert?
Erections are a natural thing, but if you punish or demean a man for getting
one you have made that person feel uncomfortable being nude. I know there are a
lot of men that have gotten an erection there first time being nude with
others. If we were all punished or made fun of, we won't have become
nudist. We shouldn't be making our community smaller, so just ignore erections
if they bother you.
Who said anything about "punishing" a guy for having an erection?
1. It's not a muscle. If it was, you could just stop flexing it.
2. If a guy gets and erection, feels uncomfortable about having that erection in public and wants to cover it up, it really isn't anyone else's business. He can cover it up. You're looking at this backwards. Any real nudist will not be bothered if a guy chose to cover his erection. Any nudist getting an erection and choosing to cover it up is not defeating being a nudist either. It's rather difficult to have an erection and ignore it while walking around though.
3. It does not matter whether someone else thinks that I am not a nudist and not willing to try being a nudist. It's not about them. It's about me. My journey. If it was about them, I'd be an exhibitionist, not a nudist.
4. If I happened to be at the same nude beach as you and you got an erection, but stayed standing in front of everyone, I'd start wondering what you were doing. Erections happen. They are natural, true. I've not seen any nudists I've been around getting an erection. If you get one, stand up and start walking around, I start wondering about your motives. That simple. If you sit down and ignore it or cover it and relax, I know it is not intentional. Simple. An erection is not automatically sexual. Your behavior while you have that erection will show whether it is in fact sexual or not.
Just my view though. I don't speak for everyone. Not by a long shot.

This post was edited

Yes an erection is a natural physical response. Embarasment is a natural human response. So there's no problem in an embarrased men hiding his erection.

The subject does tend to come up more often than the object, showing most nudist men can destinguish between nakednes and sex.

This post was edited