RE: Losing privacy

Yesterday I talked to the zoning officerin the township building. The rule actually is written toward front yard hedges mostly. It is for visibility from driveways and for the visibility of emergency situations. Such as fire. And appearance. The hedges in the back yard has no height limits but must be kept trimmed for appearance reasons so as not to upset your neighbor. Though they are already cut. They will grow fast enough come spring and i will have my privacy back

This post was edited

Yesterday I talked to the zoning officerin the township building. The rule actually is written toward front yard hedges mostly. It is for visibility from driveways and for the visibility of emergency situations. Such as fire. And appearance. The hedges in the back yard has no height limits but must be kept trimmed for appearance reasons so as not to upset your neighbor. Though they are already cut. They will grow fast enough come spring and i will have my privacy backThat's good news. You can now enjoy many more years of happy nude gardening.

This post was edited
RE:Losing privacy

Hmm. What if you made platforms 5 feet high and ontop of those had your 4 foot bushes? They would technically be only 4 feet tall?

Heh, I am guessing that would not fly.

Stay naked!

This post was edited

Yesterday I talked to the zoning officerin the township building. The rule actually is written toward front yard hedges mostly. It is for visibility from driveways and for the visibility of emergency situations. Such as fire. And appearance. The hedges in the back yard has no height limits but must be kept trimmed for appearance reasons so as not to upset your neighbour. Though they are already cut. They will grow fast enough come spring and i will have my privacy back

So this shows that you need to find out if the person who comes out with these things are correct before you do anything as there are so many of these types who think they know these laws but are clueless.

This post was edited
RE:Losing privacy

It's quite common to have bylaws that say fences on the front facing part of the property must be no taller than 4'. I have noticed though, large estate owners do not seem to have this rule enforced, having a wall around the property, and a hedge that grows beyond it up to 12 feet, and a steel gate on the driveway.

It must be zoning.

This post was edited