This is How I see...

This is how I see people that focus on the clothes. They define themselves by their clothes rather than their actions.

It is surreal and absurd, but it speaks truthfully about how many people perceive the clothing as more important than the person. This is not meant to incite riot, just wondering about others points of view.

This topic was edited
RE: This is How I see...

I love Magritte. He may be considered a surrealist, I've always thought that he was a realist who demonstrated through absurdities, humor and truth. One of his paintings helped me to define and put into words how I felt after a traumatic experience.

Great post, Lifehappens. The importance of clothes to some may be why they are so dead-set against nudism.

Jen

This post was edited

I love Magritte. He may be considered a surrealist, I've always thought that he was a realist who demonstrated through absurdities, humor and truth. One of his paintings helped me to define and put into words how I felt after a traumatic experience.Great post, Lifehappens. The importance of clothes to some may be why they are so dead-set against nudism.Jen

The left is Rene Magritte. The right is Andrew Matusik (he obviously used Magritte as inspiration).

This post was edited

I love Magritte. He may be considered a surrealist, I've always thought that he was a realist who demonstrated through absurdities, humor and truth. One of his paintings helped me to define and put into words how I felt after a traumatic experience. Great post, Lifehappens. The importance of clothes to some may be why they are so dead-set against nudism. Jen

The left is Rene Magritte. The right is Andrew Matusik (he obviously used Magritte as inspiration).

Thanks, I was wondering who the other artist is.

When my son was much younger, I would take him with me to museum exhibits. We would "play a game" in each gallery. We would take some time to explore the gallery seperately and each pick out our 3 favorite and 3 least favorite pieces. Then we'd meet in the middle and explain to each other why we liked and disliked our selections. The Magritte exhibit was one of the most fun and the most difficult to make our selections.

Jen

This post was edited