RE: Nude Sunbathers being booked again in A-Bay, Noosa by disgraceful officiers

https://m.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/nudist-beach-sting-catches-out-couple-in-their-80s/3109828/#.WCLRP0fpWbw.facebook

Nudists at the Sunshine Coast's "unofficial" clothing optional
beach claim police have "blitzed" the area and fined a couple in
their 80s for baring all. Mark Hayter, of the Free Beach
Association, said he was down at Alexandria Bay, in the Noosa
National Park on Sunday and had heard about the blitz. "I heard
they booked a lot of foreigners and two people in their 80s," Mr
Hayter said.
Roger Henderson also wrote to the Daily and advised police had been
doing a "blitz". "The police were not willing to explain the reason
for the blitz, but managed to give out tickets to a number of
people for being naked," he said "In particular, a couple in their
80s were nabbed as well as tourists from other parts of the world.
"The police have been turning up, hanging around in the bushes for
an hour or two and then leaping out and pouncing on unsuspecting
beach goers.

I said, there has been no explanation why the sudden interest. "The beach is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike and has been the unofficial "clothing optional beach" for a number of decades. "The blitz is killing tourist numbers and news of it will soon circulate on social media and the internet giving Noosa a bad name indeed."
Mark Hayter is frustrated the police keep fining nudists at A-Bay. Photo: John McCutcheon / Sunshine Coast Daily
Mark Hayter is frustrated the police keep fining nudists at A-Bay. John McCutcheon

This post was edited

apart from all the pervs that you see at A Bay the police is the other reason why I don't go there anymore I would rather just go to a quiet beach and sunbake in the nude when I can

This post was edited

Indeed. 33yo former solicitor come Morayfield MP, Mark Ryan. Although not his electorate, it's in the general area (unlike Bill Byrne in Rocky - who obviously couldn't give a toss - and potentially a little bit on the older conservative side). Plus, he's relatively young as far as pollies go. Time will tell - if you don't ask you don't get! BUT - we've got to be a little more creative in the approach! Anyone know the guy, or have had previous dealings with him?

This post was edited

This is really a bummer!
We are an American couple that just
sailed into Bundaberg from the South Pacific. Since all the island
countries are ultra conservative, we've not been to a nude beach in over
a year. We were hoping to pop into Mooloolaba, park the boat, and go
to the beach for some well earned naked time. We found it on
NakedPlaces.net
The thing for us is that it's practically the
only nude beach that has a harbor nearby. We are making our way down to
Sydney, we'll be able to find something there, but we wondered if we
should just go a try A-beach anyways. If they ticket us, well, would
it matter? What does a ticket cost anyways? What i we just blow it
off? Since we are leaving the country in Feb, lol, would they put
Interpol on us?
Please PM us if you have an opinion or 2 alternate suggestions please? It would be much appreciated.

This post was edited

I also think of using the social media to start a campaign as One Person One Letter (OPOL) to send letters to the Queensland Premier and express our will to have nude beaches in Queensland as in other states. And I think we should focus on the points that:-
- We are Queenslanders and we don't want to be going backward and left behind by other states,- It would be easier to manage in a designated area on the beach with clear signs for nudists, not lewdist,- We feel more comfortable within the designated area, where police can uphold the law in other areas of the beach,- Hikers and tourists will not get shock to see naturists on the beach and would not make complaints just because of that, and- The economic benefits for a cloth optional beach as a tourist attraction.
I wish by having a collaborative effort of all the people in Queensland (no matter they are naturists or not) would be able to inspire and convince the Government, the law makers and the police to alter their stone age thinking! (sorry, probably people accepting naturist more in stone age cause I believe it was not a must to wear something in those days!)
Any other thoughts please, Queenslanders?

This post was edited

This is really a bummer!We are an American couple that justsailed into Bundaberg from the South Pacific. Since all the islandcountries are ultra conservative, we've not been to a nude beach in overa year. We were hoping to pop into Mooloolaba, park the boat, and goto the beach for some well earned naked time. We found it onNakedPlaces.netThe thing for us is that it's practically theonly nude beach that has a harbor nearby. We are making our way down toSydney, we'll be able to find something there, but we wondered if weshould just go a try A-beach anyways. If they ticket us, well, wouldit matter? What does a ticket cost anyways? What i we just blow itoff? Since we are leaving the country in Feb, lol, would they putInterpol on us?Please PM us if you have an opinion or 2 alternate suggestions please? It would be much appreciated.

We just sailed on past Noosa and went to Mooloolaba instead. That's a few dollars the local area won't receive. Hope the local council is thinking about their local businesses! Looking forward to beaches further down south.

This post was edited