BPH AND PROSTATE SURGERY

I have BPH, Benign Prostate Hyperplasia. It means that there is difficulty urinating. Up at night 1-4 times having to pee, weak urine stream, stopping and starting, drippling, hesitancy, and inability to empty the bladder. the cause is an enlarging prostate that is squeezing the urethra causing the urination problems.
There are drugs such as Flomax that can help, but I wasn't able to tolerate the side effects. While my prostate is not excessively large, it is larger than before and is being squeezed into the bladder neck exaserbating the problems with peeing.
The urologist is recommending PVP Greenlight surgery in which the prostatic tissue is vaporized through the wall of the urethra. Bleeding is minimal due to the vaporization of the tissue.
There are other procedures, such as Urolift, but my doc says that likely won't work for me as my issue is medial lobe and the growth into the bladder neck will likely not fix my issie. One of the side effects of the procedure is retrograde ejaculation or dry, no cum. It goes into the bladder instead of out the penis and, ultimately you pee out the seminal fluid.
Retro is a big concern for me. Can any men who have had this procedure or another that has caused retro. Bad enough for straight men, although I hear that partners who didn't like to swallow, no longer have to. But for gay and bi men, how would that impact your sexual experience. Seems like "shooting" is part of the whole sex act. Can you imagine sex without it.
I'd appreciate any incites or comments. I am schedule to have the procedure 12/6. thanks for reaching out.

This topic was edited
No replies yet.