Life drawing

I came to nudism after a few years of life drawing - drawing using a live nude model. So I know it from the artists' viewpoint. The nude is one of the hardest things to draw, especially the hands, feet and face. Getting it all into scale can be tricky too. BTW the sexy parts are the easiest so artists are studying other parts of the body as they draw.

A few days ago I had a private life drawing class with a female model. I got the impression that she hadn't exposed herself before. She started uneasy. Both myself and my fellow artist were naked which helped to put her at ease. She was a brilliant model, staying absolutely still just as an artist would want. She did become more relaxed by the end of the afternoon. Maybe it was after I had done some modelling for my fellow artist. Or maybe it was just the two of us being naked, relaxed and normal. I think we won a convert to social nudity.

This topic was edited
RE:Life drawing

That's an interesting perspective, I was never aware of how drawing a nude model can be difficult. I am not an artist but I have been a life model a couple of times. I can relate to the experiences of the female model, the first time I was a life model, I was very nervous at first too but eventually I enjoyed the feeling of being naked. I guess everyone has a different experience when they life model. But for myself, I enjoyed the feeling of being exposed, the feeling of being vulnerable but at the same time feeling confident. How was your first experience being a life model.

This post was edited