Seasonal

Went by one of my fave nudist resorts but I guess they're only open in summer. Sign read "Clothed for the Winter."

This topic was edited
RE:Seasonal

This is why I'm ready to move south.

This post was edited

That sign is perfect.

This post was edited

This is why I'm ready to move south.

You would be disappointed, as it was only a high of 75* F here today.

This post was edited

"Clothed for the Winter." Indeed and thus the reason for me moving to Texas once I retire this coming Summer 2017 and live there the rest of my days so help me the Nude God ;)

This post was edited

Apparently (and this true, so far as I know, not a joke) when Michelangelo did the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, in the creation scene of God and Adam both were nude, not just Adam. So, I understand, were many other images on that ceiling. It was years later that they had another painter come in and paint clothes on God and others. Ironic, since he was making the point of created "in his image," but they felt the need to cover that image.

Nude God indeed!

This post was edited

Apparently (and this true, so far as I know, not a joke) when Michelangelo did the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, in the creation scene of God and Adam both were nude, not just Adam. So, I understand, were many other images on that ceiling. It was years later that they had another painter come in and paint clothes on God and others. Ironic, since he was making the point of created "in his image," but they felt the need to cover that image.Nude God indeed!

Such a shame:(

This post was edited
RE:Seasonal GOOD NEWS!

When the paintings in the Sistine Chapel were cleaned and refurbished a few years ago. All the added cover-up paintings were removed so the original paintings could be seen.

Note: These are frescos in which the paint is applied to the wet plaster. The color permeates the plaster so removing the added cover-up paint let the original colors be seen.

This post was edited
RE:Seasonal GOOD NEWS!

The ceiling has been relatively untouched except for the major restoration some years ago.
However, clothing has periodically been added and removed in the painting behind the altar over the years.

This post was edited