Good naked hikes in Yellowstone?

We are going to Yellowstone this fall. Does anyone have any places for naked hikes? Or especially a swimming hole or hot springs?
Any naked resorts nearby? We are coming from the midwest and hoping to hit Mountainaire on the way.

This topic was edited
RE:Good naked hikes in Yellowstone?

The NPS doesn't allow soaking directly in any of the hot springs in Yellowstone. You can soak in the streams where the outflow from a spring mixes in at a few places. There are a couple of good reasons for this. One is that most of the springs are way too hot. The other is to keep the springs clean and natural for all to enjoy. There are plenty of other springs outside the park to enjoy. A good guide book is 'Great Hot Springs of the West' by Bill Kaysing.

This post was edited

Just ordered that book. Is there any online guides?

This post was edited

I use the book as a starting point then go online to search for info on current status. Not all hot springs have a formal web presence, but most will have something come up in a search and often that includes trip reports or other comments. A few will have a 'friends of' type group that posts current info. Happy Soaking!

This post was edited

I'll expand this, anyone know of any resorts besides Mountainaire near Denver, near our route from IA, that you would recommend?

This post was edited

I'll expand this, anyone know of any resorts besides Mountainaire near Denver, near our route from IA, that you would recommend?

Its actually Mountain Air Ranch. Being from Massachusetts, it's the only one in CO that I know anything about or have been to, but I would recommend it.

This post was edited

Thanks, these links are great the last one is just a discussion forum.

This post was edited

Well got back from this trip 2 weeks ago and it was great, 5 days in Yellowstone. We did several hikes and had a ball. One thing to remember about nude hiking in Yellowstone is that at altitude of 8,000 ft the weather is not always warm enough. Most of the small hikes we did are one way in and one way out so you can tell how many are there by the number of cars in the lot. Sometimes. Hellroaring canyon is a tough hike but worth it but too many people to hike naked unless you take the side hike that goes another 3.5 mi along the river. Harlequin Lake however is perfect for a naked hike if there are no other cars in the lot. Nice 2 mi hike in then around the lake. This one is not on the guide and why it's lightly traveled. There was one car in the lot so after we passed that couple we enjoyed the hike naked. Bug spray is a must. Ice Lake is another nice 5 mi hike to lake and then around it. Saw one couple hiking out before we got naked. Then took the trail out from Grey lake. There are four small lakes along these trails so there are other places people could be hiking in from so the parking lot is not a guarantee.

This post was edited

Thanks for the trip report. Glad you were able to get some nude hiking in. It must have been beautiful. I've heard the anecdote that if you get 100 yards off the main road in the National Parks you have the place to yourself. So despite how popular Yellowstone is, it sounds like there is ample opportunity for naturism.

This post was edited