RE:Bike ride

Here is a link from the WNBR website about how to organize a ride:

https://www.worldnakedbikeride.org/resources/promote.html

Please remember, WNBR is not about nudism, it's about our dependence on oil.

This post was edited

considering that nude in public is as rare as it is, it's hard for a naked bike ride to not revert to being about nude even if it's officially declared to be for some other cause, since the nude part is what gets attention, a group of clothed bicyclists would attract very little attention. And I think it's something I could participate in without too much difficulty, since it's a group thing, and non sex oriented. Believe I would if opportunity afforded it. But there are none anywhere close to my location in central southeast US. Don't have a currently working bike, although I have several laying around, I could easily put one together with minimal expense for a few parts, new cables mainly I think. Even one that is full suspension, the most likely one to work on.

This post was edited

You're exactly right...it does look like great fun and I have to find a way to try it out. We'll get there one day. John.

This post was edited

Please remember, WNBR is not about nudism, it's about our dependence on oil.

The ironic thing is though, the vast majority of the participants used oil to get to where they could attend the event. Mostly in fuel for their vehicle to transport themselves and their bicycle to and from the place it is held. Even the bicycle has a reliance on oil. Oil is used to lubricate the chain, and grease for the bearings to keep it operating properly. I know there may be some synthetic lubricants out there for bikes, but I think most still use petroleum based lubes, for the most part. Not to mention the paint used on the bike, they are all petroleum based, too. All of the plastic parts are made from petroleum as well. If all of these people were to give up using any kind of benefits they receive from oil and it's byproducts, their lives would be severely impacted from what they are accustomed to. Even if they were to WALK to the store, they still could not purchase anything that was not somehow oil related, as everything in there was delivered by a truck burning fuel and having motor oil as an engine lubricant. So if people were to suddenly and completely have to give up EVERYTHING in their life that was somehow connected with oil, be it something made from oil or delivered using oil, their lives would be DRAMATICALLY affected.

All that being said, I think it would probably still be fun to get the opportunity to ride completely naked through a major city without any negative repercussions. That in itself is probably the incentive for 50+% percent of the participants of the WNBR. How many would ACTUALLY be willing to give up EVERYTHING in their life that is somehow oil related in one form or another? Whether it is something made from oil or it's derivatives, or delivered to them using oil or fuels. Not many at all, I would suspect. They could not even have electricity if it were not for oil. The insulation on the wires is made from oil products. If the power plants they get the electricity from are coal fired, the trucks/trains delivering the coal to the plant burned diesel to get it there, not to mention digging it out of the ground. If they wanted to go totally solar powered, they couldn't do it, because oil is used in the manufacturing and delivery of the solar panels. So protest all you want, be NOBODY is going to be willing to give up everything in their life that is somehow oil related. Getting to LEGALLY ride around naked on city streets though, HELL YEAH!!! Why not?

This post was edited