Most resent books read.

I read "King Solomon's Mines" by H. Rider Haggard. Published 1885. The book has a similar theme with "How I found Livingstone" by Henry Morton Stanley published 1872 and "Heart Of Darkness by Joseph Conrad, published 1899.

This topic was edited
RE:Most recently books read.

currently reading Children of Jihad by Jared Cohen true story of a young American Jew who went to Iran and other MiddleEastern countries and got to know the young people of the countries. Very interesting and different perspective on that part of the world than we get from the media or politicians.

This post was edited
RE:Most recently books read.

currently reading Children of Jihad by Jared Cohen true story of a young American Jew who went to Iran and other MiddleEastern countries and got to know the young people of the countries. Very interesting and different perspective on that part of the world than we get from the media or politicians.

This post was edited
RE:Most resent books read.

I read The Roman Spring Of Mrs Stone published 1950, and A Street Car Named Desire published 1951 . The first a novel, the second a play both by Tennessee Williams.

This post was edited
RE:Most recent books read.

I finished reading "The Trial" by Franz Kafka, and "The Honk and Holler Opening Soon" by Billie Letts.

This post was edited

I just finished "She" by H. Rider Haggard on audiobook (from Librivox.org). I also finished "Submarine and Anti-submarine" by Sir Henry John Newbolt, a WWI-era book on submarine warfare that I got from Gutenberg.org, a few days ago. For my bedtime reading, last night I finished "The Best of the GCA Journal, Vol. 6", a collection of articles from the Garand Collector's Association magazine, so I started Sharyn McCrumb's "The Windsor Knot" to replace it. On the Kindle, the most recent book finished is "Dipped, Stripped, and Dead", by Elise Hyatt (Sarah Hoyt under a pen name), and then there's also the Firearm News magazine that got finished up at lunch today. I guess I do kind of juggle several books at once. :-)

This post was edited

just finished Stolen Prey by John Sandford

This post was edited

"Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe "by Fannie Flagg.

This post was edited

just finished Stolen Prey by John Sandford

Ooh, the "Prey" books are good. I like his characters.

This post was edited

You should consider reading "The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe."

This post was edited

just finished reading Zero Day by David Baldacci,

This post was edited