Hanlan's Point

Our Canadian long weekend is upon us and I'm sure many Toronto area people want to get to Hanlan's to start their tan. I checked earlier and saw the ferry is still not running because of the high water. I hope they start on Friday.

This topic was edited
RE:Hanlan's Point

I was hoping to visit Hanlans this summer but the Island is closed to visitors till the 31st of July.
:(.

This post was edited

I saw that too. I think we lost Hanlan's for the year, the lake level won't go down fast enough.

This post was edited

Well that sucks. We were going there in a few weeks.

This post was edited

GTA/GoldenHorseshoe nudists who usually do Hanlan's , where are you going now?

This post was edited

Thanks for the tip, have not been to the bluffs and was thinking of going. I've been to Port Burwell a couple of times this year and its a good spot. Friendly people and not too crowded but enough people to create a good atmosphere. It looks like we may not get Hanlan back until into August and thats only a maybe. We need more 'official' beaches for nude sunbathing in the area so you can do this without fear of offending any clothed beach goers.

This post was edited

I went to Port Burwell this past weekend for my first time. Nice beach and I will definitely go back. One of the guys in the group I went with has been to Scarborough Bluff's this year.

This post was edited

Just announced...

"Parts of the Toronto Islands will remain off limits for the rest of the summer, the city of Toronto announced today.

The city says it's working to reopen parts of the Toronto Island Park by its target date of July 31, however, some popular places - such as Hanlan's Beach, Gibraltar Point, Olympic Island and some of Centre Island, like the grandstand - will stay closed for the remainder of the season."

This post was edited

Reasons given for the closings are...?

This post was edited

Lake level in Lake Ontario hasn't been this high since the 1920's. The islands were flooded and the water level has not decreased enough.

This post was edited

It looks like Hanlan's will reopen after all on Monday the 31st. It is reported that mosquitoes in the are have tested for carrying West Nile.

This post was edited