When did you discover that you actually needed coffee?

While I was Active duty in the Navy on watch, The sound of the engine hummed and was putting me to sleep....I sent the messenger to the mess decks and asked him to retrieve me a cup of coffee w/ some sugar and milk. From that point on .....like nudity I was hooked.....Jo followed suit when I got back home......since then she has switched to iced fru-fru coffee......I have stuck with the real hot coffee

This topic was edited
RE:When did you discover that you actually needed coffee?

Actually needed coffee ... my first Mid Watch, Main Engine Room onboard the destroyer I was stationed on. Getting woke up at 11:30 pm by the Messenger after I'd just fallen asleep about 10:30! LOL Dumb mistake, never did that again!

We were being redeployed to Vietnam. We were having drills to ready many of us that had just gotten onboard. Through some trials and evaluations, I was placed on the throttles in the main engine room. I needed to be on my game and that black Navy coffee got me where I needed to be! ;-)

This post was edited

it seems as though most of us got our start with Coffee (the nectar of a good day) when we were in the military.......go figure...we went to serve our country and the country gave us Coffee......lol

This post was edited

I think we have a new group evolving, NUDE ADDICTED COFFE DRINKERS FROM THE MILITARY. LOL Though twenty years in the NAVY assisted greatly to my addiction to the brown bean nector, my initial need came in the early 70s when I was working on the RR. There was no time when working that when a break came we were jumping on the coffee. In the winter it was cold, in the summer it was hot, and when on the freight trains time just got boring. Coffee was always the go to liquid. It has remained my most favorite drink these many years later, though today I only allow myself two 16oz cups per day due to excessive caffiene intake. Drs. orders Ya all have a great naked cup on me today.

This post was edited

I learned to drink, but not yet enjoy coffee when I was in college. It would be many years later before I entered the military. So my habits were already set before I put a uniform on.

This post was edited

I learned to drink, but not yet enjoy coffee when I was in college. It would be many years later before I entered the military. So my habits were already set before I put a uniform on.

This post was edited

This post was edited

I was introduced to coffee by a friends mother. She made it very very strong and I enjoyed the chemical effect it had on me.

This post was edited

When I was 6 or 7, Mom would have breakfast made for all of us and there would be a cup of coffee by the plate. I would drink it with Coffee Mate or a little dab of milk in it. Later when I was onboard ship in the Navy, coffee was always available in the engine rooms, but not always cream or sugar. Learned to drink it straight without adulterating it with any additives at that time. I still drink it that way. No need for anything but the cup now to drink it. I most near always have a cigarette with each cup of coffee though.

This post was edited