does anyone else scan the police beat?

I live in a rural area and our local newspaper, carries a weekly column of those arrested over the previous week. Names, ages, address , and reason for arrest. I scan thru it catching names ( just in case it is someone i know) and reason for arrest. Most are for drugs, but once in a great while it has been for indecent exposure. Figure might find a fellow nudist that way.

This topic was edited
RE:does anyone else scan the police beat?

Hi,
I recently came across an article which clearly states that "There are no laws against public nudity in the UK" in real terms you can only be arrested for indecent exposure if you intend to offend or are committing a lewd or sexual act.

Simply being naked in a public place is not in itself grounds for arrest, I have a local beach where many nudists go, and the police are powerless to stop them from being naked, regardless of who frequents the beach.

I swim on a normal beach close by, but head to the least populated end to avoid people as much as possible; I keep myself to myself, and as yet i have not been bothered by anyone.

Be discreet , Be bold, Be Naked!

This post was edited

Hi,I recently came across an article which clearly states that "There are no laws against public nudity in the UK" in real terms you can only be arrested for indecent exposure if you intend to offend or are committing a lewd or sexual act.Simply being naked in a public place is not in itself grounds for arrest, I have a local beach where many nudists go, and the police are powerless to stop them from being naked, regardless of who frequents the beach.I swim on a normal beach close by, but head to the least populated end to avoid people as much as possible; I keep myself to myself, and as yet i have not been bothered by anyone.Be discreet , Be bold, Be Naked!

The UK is best to be treated as England and Wales as nudity in Scotland and Northern Ireland are far more tight. BN are trying to get the police to understand the nudity laws as most of them didn't/haven't a clue what was legal and what isn't.

This post was edited

Anybody arrested for nudity where I live will always hit the local news. Doesn't happen too often though.
Usually those arrested while nude are high on drugs or alcohol. Of course there are naked folks who get arrested for their unauthorized protest. Rarely read about someone being arrested just for being nude.

This post was edited

Hi,I recently came across an article which clearly states that "There are no laws against public nudity in the UK" in real terms you can only be arrested for indecent exposure if you intend to offend or are committing a lewd or sexual act.Simply being naked in a public place is not in itself grounds for arrest, I have a local beach where many nudists go, and the police are powerless to stop them from being naked, regardless of who frequents the beach.I swim on a normal beach close by, but head to the least populated end to avoid people as much as possible; I keep myself to myself, and as yet i have not been bothered by anyone.Be discreet , Be bold, Be Naked!The UK is best to be treated as England and Wales as nudity in Scotland and Northern Ireland are far more tight. BN are trying to get the police to understand the nudity laws as most of them didn't/haven't a clue what was legal and what isn't.

I'm certain this is true here in the US. For quite some time, law enforcement officers were citing and arresting females in NYC for being topless, which is legal. All that time and energy wasted only to have them taken into custody and then released or taken down to local precincts and the arresting officers educated on the law and releasing these women. There have been other stories of similar situations where law enforcement officers reacted on instinct instead of the law, in other cities throughout the US.

Here, we had several citations, for simple nudity on our tolerated nude beach, dismissed by a county judge. After that, the prosecutor for that county refused to prosecute any more citations but the rangers continued to cite and harass nudists so they stopped visiting this particular beach. This particular state beach saw a dramatic decline in visitors and revenue! All on account of one simple minded, closed minded, arrogant ranger.

Like most other places, the media usually focuses in on the nudity and later, down deep in the story, will state that the naked person was drunk or on drugs or the accident was caused by sex acts going on in the vehicle. Not enough juice to the story if someone is simply naked in a car.

This post was edited

I have an "APP" on my phone that scans all Police & Emergency frequencies. Sometimes I just fall asleep listening to them . . . Hawk

This post was edited

there was one in this morning's paper. i looked the guy up on FB just out of curiosity. Unfortunately there was also a I guy that i do know who was picked up for DUI. that is far far greater danger to society than anyone seeing a naked guy.

This post was edited