Florida Nudist Resort Help

Greetings everyone. We are fairly new nudists and are looking to expand our horizons and locations.

We have visited Cypress Cove in the Orlando area and enjoyed it quite a bit. The people were very friendly and the amenities at the resort were great.

We are wanting to check out some other resorts as well and am looking for input from the community on how the other resorts compare and any recommendations you may have.

Cypress Cove is about an hour and 45 minutes from us. Paradise Lakes and Lake Como are both about 2 and a half hours, while Sunny Sands is only 45 minutes.

I know Sunny Sands is a lot smaller and more rustic. What can folks tell us about these resorts, or any other places we should consider. We know about Apollo Beach, but my wife would prefer the amenities at a resort over the beach.

Looking for any information people can provide. Thank you in advance.

This topic was edited
RE:Florida Nudist Resort Help

Cypress Cove is one of the crown jewels of nudist resorts in the USA. It doesn't get any better.

I was a member of Lake Como Club for a few years 20 years ago (ugh! has it been that long?!). Anyway, LCC has a far more rustic and "naturist" vibe to it. The last time I was there, they had put in some more pickle-ball courts, but their emphasis is maintaining a "natural" atmosphere.

Paradise Lakes is the exact opposite: pools, concrete, & condos. If you don't want to step on any grass, Paradise Lakes is the place for you.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with Sunny Sands.

Hope this helps.

This post was edited

Thank you. It does. We also enjoyed Cypress Cove. Sounds like we may just make that our go to place. Still looking for others input though. Need to see if it makes sense to make the extra 45 minute drive over to the West Coast of Florida.

This post was edited

Well, we were able to get some of the answers ourselves.

We made the trek across the state to visit Paradise Lakes. They have a free day pass for you first visit along with a tour. We got a late start and didn't get there till around 4pm. When we got there, the sky opened up and it really started raining. It didn't dampen the mood too much though, and they showed us around. It's a nice place with 6 different pools including a hot tub and a 'conversation pool', warmer than a regular pool, but with some jets like a hot tub and long/narrow with some curves in the architecture. Around the pool area are hotel rooms, and there is a bar/restaurant as well. They also have a nightclub that is open on weekends.

My wife described it as somewhat of a 1970s vibe. It was nice, the food was decent. Since we got there so late, we decided to get one of the hotel rooms. Fairly spartan and the beds were very hard, but was nice to have a base of operations to work from. In the evenings, it is adults only, and the rules state there is to be no sexual activity, but it wasn't really enforced. There were a few things going on as it got later.

Overall, we enjoyed it, but I think it would only be for special occasions that we would go back to Paradise Lakes.

On our way back home, we passed very close to Sunny Sands Resort in Pierson. We decided to stop in and at least take a tour. It is only 30-45min from our house, so it is the most convenient. But it is also the most rustic. The facilities are very basic. They do have a restaurant and bar, but it is only open weekends. They have a pool and hot tub and will be great for short trips for us to take, but it probably won't be our major destination.

Cypress Cove will be. It was the first resort we went to and we may have been spoiled by it. I love how they have their resort set up and it has all of the facilities we would be looking for including an indoor hot tub for the rainy summer afternoons in Florida. It's about an hour and a half or so from our house, but that isn't too bad, plus it is very close to Disney meaning we can make a Disney trip in the morning, and head over to Cypress for the evenings.

If anyone has any questions about the resorts, I'd be happy to answer as I can. I hope this helps other folks as well.

This post was edited

I have been to Cypress Cove, Paradise Lakes and Lake Como. Of the three, obviously the Cove is my favorite but is about 2 hours away. Paradise lakes and Lake Como are only about 45 minutes. All the write ups on this string are accurate. I think Lake Como is coming along but still it is quite rustic.

This post was edited

Glad you had a good time.

RE: Sexual activity at Paradise Lakes

Many years ago PL was an AANR member resort. Then they started allowing more sexy stuff. That eventually got them in trouble with AANR who was reluctant to kick them out because PL is a big resort that makes $$$. But finally the two parted ways. PL has since leaned toward the sexy wing of nudism as you discovered.

I hope you find Cypress Cove a pleasant home resort.

This post was edited

I realize I'm a bit late replying but Cypress Cove is definitely the best. We did a tour of just about every clothing optional resort on the east coast and nothing compares with The Cove. We live nine hours away and are full members and manage to get down there half a dozen times a year. What's really impressive is they keep pouring money into the facility every year. Upgrades to the facilities, the roads, the staff. That says a lot.

This post was edited

If your just beginning the nudist lifestyle, the book that can help you get started is The World's Best Nude Beaches and Resorts. It can help you start networking with various groups on the internet and give you links to explore.

This post was edited