normal versus natural

For 99.9999999% of the world wearing clothing is normal. But considering we were all born without any clothes on, that's natural. But as things go, doing or being anything that is not normal seems to need some reason to be. But do we need a reason to be our natural selves? Since naked is natural, and by contrast wearing clothing is unnatural, so we should need a reason to wear clothes, and not need a reason to not wear clothes. Several reasons are obvious, but at times when those reasons all go away, there is no reason left to not leave the fabric behind.

Many times; every day for most of us most of the time. The only valid reason we have to hang fabric about us is to not cause a ruckus and get arrested. But this time of year for many of us it would be much more comfortable to just throw it all off and be cooler. I have to compromise and wear loose and not too long shorts. Otherwise whatever is acceptable in whatever company I'm in. An acceptable compromise since loose cotton or mesh shorts do not trap much heat. Only a little, but that little can be noticed when working up to maximum heat capacity.

This topic was edited
RE:normal versus natural

nakednaturist makes some valid points that are difficult to dispute, unless one is simply dead-set against his arguments. Personally, I prefer not to wear clothes (when appropriate) because of the freedom it gives me. When we consider the pros and cons of nudity versus clothes perhaps we should consider the degree of tolerance, or lack thereof, toward any other aspect of everyday life. For example; how does one feel about music? One person might love classical but dislike rap or country. Is it evolutionary to like something and castigate those who like another at the same time? Or is it possible that we have compartmentalized ourselves into a small closed society of our choosing? The concept in my mind could be of the same nature as that stated by Patrick Henry. If may quote: "I do not agree with what you say, but will defend to my death your right to say it".

This post was edited