Writing stories that normalize nudity

For a while now I've been working on a story about a forest spirit, and part of the character for the spirit is he only appears nude, or in the form of an animal.
Since the story is written from the perspective of a different character, i've been trying to keep their reactions to seeing a fully nude male in the forest close to how they would be, but want to make it so that the main character gets more and more comfortable around him, until the fact he's nude isn't really brought up.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has worked on anything like this. I'm just not sure how to work the transition between her comfort levels around him; i'd base it on myself but i honestly don't find it that strange a thing.

This topic was edited
RE:Writing stories that normalize nudity

I doubt I can be of much help, as I'm not a very creative writer. And I'm very new to this lifestyle, as I've been a home nudist and am beginning to explore the social side of it.

I would just like to wish you luck with your project. I seems like a wonderful opportunity to study and explore the interactions between the two sides of the primary nudist agenda. The conflict between the social stigmas of the textile world and the freedom nudists and naturists feel is necessary in their lives. And in your case, the eventual tolerance for and acceptance of alternative lifestyles outside the accepted social norms for a particular society.

Good luck!

This post was edited

Here is a personal experience I once had with my mother-in-law nearly 40 years ago. I was 29 she in her late 50's so there is a multi-generation and opposite sex thing here. We were on the beach at her summer home which was nicely secluded. When there without the in-laws we frequently skinny dipped, and when asked if I could do the same in her presence was given the go ahead. She had turned away from me just before I disrobed and turned back just as I began to move past her toward the water. Her immediate reaction was a shriek. My father-in-law laughed. As I played in the water and came back to the shore a few times, the comfort level rose, but no objections were expressed about me being nude. After a later visit when I did not attempt to swim nude, my wife commented that it was appreciated that I kept my clothes on. So the reactions went from shock, to acceptance but with reservation. Just wish I still had that wife and the property which she inherited.

This post was edited

Sorry on the wait for the reply, have had some computer troubles.

The age group would probably be more adult. I don't really want to have any sexual details from the spirit himself though; he's just not a sexual being.

This post was edited

Working with the idea of how the character reacts is the main issue i'm having, mainly since the basis for her background is a bit hard; she's a werewolf, and i as a result i have to create a cultural background based on that.

As for the spirit, he doesn't care. He was, at one point, readily approached by people who offered him gifts in return for the privilege to hunt in the forest. He has pretty much no fear of the girl, and doesn't even consider nudity to be an issue.

This post was edited

Working with the idea of how the character reacts is the main issue i'm having, mainly since the basis for her background is a bit hard; she's a werewolf, and i as a result i have to create a cultural background based on that.

As for the spirit, he doesn't care. He was, at one point, readily approached by people who offered him gifts in return for the privilege to hunt in the forest. He has pretty much no fear of the girl, and doesn't even consider nudity to be an issue.

This post was edited

This is going to be a 'toughie'...bring to life a story about a spirit of the forest and a werewolf developing awareness of each other and their relative places in the wood. I found a book online called "How to write a damn good novel" and have perused it several times. It gave good pointers but I really garnered the ideas of have a story line, where you want to go and a good outline. I'm sure there's more to it but that might be a good start. Your profile picture shows a path in the wood...how do you perceive it from that point of view?

This post was edited

I find it to feel very natural (if a bit uncomfortable when your feet get covered in poplar tree stickers, as mine did) and my boyfriend did help a lot. It was awkward at first though.
I've been working on outlining the story more and changing some of the dynamics to it, just to make it a bit stronger. Originally I planned for the main character to be guided by a darker force which wanted the spirit dead in return for a cure, but i realized while writing that the character would never hurt the spirit. I've been looking at the story from my own perspective on it and using that to shape the plot elements.

This post was edited