Pubic grooming has a high injury rate survey reveals.

The link is not just about nudists, it is about how many people in the wider population trim or remove their pubic hair and suffer injuries doing so. I suspect this article is as much clickbait as serious. I find it amazing that so many people seemingly trim, shave or wax their pubic hair, at some nudist places we visit it can be rare to see any body hair, but I didn't realise it was so popular among textiles too. I also am surprised that so many seem to get injured doing it. At the rates mentioned it might be just as well that the survey is only about pubic grooming, the accident rates would potentially top out at 100% if it was about full body shaving.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/aug/16/wax-on-wax-ouch-pubic-grooming-has-a-high-injury-rate-survey-reveals

This topic was edited
RE:Pubic grooming has a high injury rate survey reveals.

Personally I feel that natural is natural
But that is just a personal opinion and I respect that others feel differently

I just love being natural so it is unlikely that I would ever add tattoo, body piercings, cock rings or the likes
And definitely not a PA

This post was edited

I gotta admit that in the beginning, my wife and I used to nick ourselves quite often and in many places but those stopped bleeding quickly and we learned how to shave ourselves when the other wasn't around to do it for us. I suspect that most of these cases are people trying it and not knowing what they are doing, thinking that they can go as fast as they like or not holding the razor the correct way ... lots of variables. Just like the first time you shaved your face or legs.

Lots of non nudists, we know, removed their pubic hair for personal reasons. Why they've shared that with us is unknown but in conversation, they've let it slip and we've talked about a little. Sure, it's a fad/trend but with so many cases being documented, doesn't look like it's dying out like some people have said that prefer the "natural" look. Visits to the nude beach, to our club and to resorts, we don't see a decrease in this trend and actually see more and more people removing their pubic hair. But again, it's their choice and they can do what they want. It's a personal preference and these people just learned a lesson once or twice that you need to be careful when you're shaving your pubic area and genitals. As you continue to shave and the skin becomes used to it, the skin toughens and you can go a little faster.

This post was edited

I have been shaving my genitals for about 15 years and my pubic hair for about 5 years - I find it much cooler and cleaner especially in the summer when hair free

I got tired of shaving myself, as my girlfriend won't do it for me, and I have nobody else that would do it for me - This week I got a Brazilian wax - wish I had done it sooner - Not pain, but minor discomfort like pulling a bandage off - Looks and feels great with no irritation or sore spots

IF anyone is considering trying waxing, go to a professional and do it - You'll find it doesn't hurt nearly as much as you fear

This post was edited

Shaved without incident during the first ten years of pubic grooming. Dont remember incurring any nicks or injuries. Epilating once a week for the last 20 years. A few times the skin of my scrotum has been pinched by the epilator. Had to turn it off, back up the head and free the skin. Not really painful and no injury. Once while grooming the surrounding bush I nipped the skin with the scissors. I recently bought a beard trimmer for grooming that hair. It's faster, safer, and closer.

This post was edited

Lots of non nudists, we know, removed their pubic hair for personal reasons. Why they've shared that with us is unknown but in conversation, they've let it slip and we've talked about a little.
In one neighborhood we lived, my wife became acquainted with a younger woman. This neighbor told my wife she had her pubic hair removed through laser treatments. Obviously, my wife shared that little morsel with me.

This post was edited