Broken Hill

Would love to meet up with amy TN members passing thru and do a few outback hikes

This topic was edited
RE:Broken Hill

That would be great if ever I get down your way

This post was edited

Heading your way early next year.

This post was edited

Look me up mate

This post was edited

Oh gosh! My journey to the outback is over for this summer, having returned 2 weeks ago. I will be back in September-October.
I camped out at Silverton (lovely Penrose Park) and went nude cycling (rather than walking) under a full moon, all the way out to Mundi Mundi lookout. I suppose it's possible to do naked hikes but my long-term impression is that it is too hot, too arid, rocky and snakey and often too strenuous walking in the heat of the day through untracked country. As it was, a night-time ride had some drama: wild pigs and goats and what looked like very large snakes hurrying across the road. I would do the ride again for the 'hoot' value: a GPS was onboard to guide me along the road as the moon darted in and out of clouds. You might think the road is easy to follow, but in the outback it has illusionary qualities and if the light is turned off, suddenly you feel the full wait of the isolated outback smack-bang on your shoulders. Do you know of any good short nudie walks besides the clapped out buff country around Silverton (as you may guess, ideal for mountain biking, but not so ideal for remote walks)?

Cheers,
Gabby

This post was edited