Grand Lido in Jamaica or Hidden Beach in Mexico?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it looks as good as any. My wife and I are looking to go for a Nakation next year and wondering where we should go. For those that have been to either Grand Lido in Negril, Jamaica or Hidden Beach in Mexico, or better yet, both, what are the pros and cons of each? Which should we be looking to go to in your opinion? Thanks in advance.

This topic was edited
RE:Grand Lido in Jamaica or Hidden Beach in Mexico?

Never been to Grand Lido ... been to Hidden Beach and we loved it enough, we bought into their Vacation membership. WE WILL return again and again.

All inclusive resorts are expensive! Hidden Beach is no different. We got a couples massage and paid ... BIG ... HUGE bucks even with the "discount " they gave us when we checked in. It was our first time and we were spending money like drunken Sailors. It'll be much cheaper now that we are members but it's still pretty pricey.

We liked the idea of being able to use all the facilities of the two neighboring resorts; Sensimar and Seaside El Dorado Suites. We liked that the textiles at those resorts could not visit Hidden Beach without paying a hefty day use fee. The food was very good, drinks were good and the service was excellent. We will get a swim up room next time and stay much longer!

Hopefully someone else will chime in about Grand Lido and hopefully someone will have visited both and give you a first hand comparison opinion.

This post was edited

Thanks Andy, I've always appreciated your wisdom on the site. We were at Seaside Suites this year. As a Travel Agent, I had hoped to visit Hidden Beach, but it was being renovated. We did love Seaside though and had a great swimout suite there. Looking for something similar and both Grand Lido and Hidden Beach have the swimouts. I'm hoping to get some good feedback from folks that have been to one or the other or both.

Thanks again for your response.

This post was edited

Thanks Andy, I've always appreciated your wisdom on the site. We were at Seaside Suites this year. As a Travel Agent, I had hoped to visit Hidden Beach, but it was being renovated. We did love Seaside though and had a great swimout suite there. Looking for something similar and both Grand Lido and Hidden Beach have the swimouts. I'm hoping to get some good feedback from folks that have been to one or the other or both.Thanks again for your response.

hahahaha ... brain fade! Discussing HBR was one of the reasons we became acquainted and then became friends here! Sometimes my CRS kicks into high gear! ;-D

This post was edited

LOL. Yep. Are you guys going back anytime soon? We are thinking the 2nd week of July next year. Early enough in the hurricane season to probably be ok but in their low season price wise.

This post was edited

We also have been to Hidden Beach. Super relaxing. We had the swim up room which was very convenient easy in and out of our rooms. The cabanas were always clean and the service from the attendees was great we always had a fresh drink in hand. The spa was nice they had a clothing optional day which was nice and draping during the massage was optional which made the massage feel amazing. The only down fall we had was the beach it was very rocky and not swimable. We love the feeling of the beach water so we were very disappointed about that. I hope this helps if you have any questions or concerns feel free to send us an email.

Thank you for the information. I will have to make sure we are there for the spa night. I think it is Sunday?

This post was edited

LOL. Yep. Are you guys going back anytime soon? We are thinking the 2nd week of July next year. Early enough in the hurricane season to probably be ok but in their low season price wise.

Don't think so ... we have a long, long awaited trip to Italy, a wedding, a annual boys camping trip, a motorhome trip up to Northern Cal and Arizona for nude getaways ... not sure we can muster a trip to Mexico next year but we will venture back down there the following year.

This post was edited

LOL. Yep. Are you guys going back anytime soon? We are thinking the 2nd week of July next year. Early enough in the hurricane season to probably be ok but in their low season price wise.Don't think so ... we have a long, long awaited trip to Italy, a wedding, a annual boys camping trip, a motorhome trip up to Northern Cal and Arizona for nude getaways ... not sure we can muster a trip to Mexico next year but we will venture back down there the following year.

Sounds like a full 2018but a lot of memories and a lot of fun!

This post was edited