RE:is it legal to drive in the nude?

Been to camp in Decatur and drove home to west Texas bare. If you have a pair of shorts handy on the floor, or sit on a towel you can use as a cover up fast if needed seems to work fine. Was at a friends one night and drove home this way. Had spilled on clothes so,they were sitting in passenger seat. Got stopped, cop,asked about towel and clothes said I didn't want to ruin seats of car and was less than a mile to house so...no warning, no ticket, just be safe ...got home fine. Was concerned that I had proper shoe size to drive though which was odd ..

This post was edited

I would have assumed that driving nude though you're in your own car, would still be considered being "out in public" and therefore a possible arrest, because of passing cars etc. But you all seem to think not (unless youre putting out lewd behavior) so I'd like to hope you are correct.

This post was edited

In response to nudeColby - I think you're correct about different states or jurisdictions and how local law enforcement / judges etc interpret that. A man driving nude on a highway on Cape Cod is very very likely not going to encounter a problem. A man driving nude on a highway in a small town in Alabama ...oh lordy.... there'd be hell to pay!

This post was edited

In response to rrfalcon #21 - great point!

This post was edited

In response to nudeColby - I think you're correct about different states or jurisdictions and how local law enforcement / judges etc interpret that. A man driving nude on a highway on Cape Cod is very very likely not going to encounter a problem. A man driving nude on a highway in a small town in Alabama ...oh lordy.... there'd be hell to pay!

Cape Cod is still part of Massachusetts which is NOT nude friendly AT ALL. You might get away with it in and around Provincetown, but try driving anywhere else on the Cape (since there are no actual highways on the Cape, I assume you mean "state highway" Route 6 which is an undivided road with a simple double yellow line down the middle) and see how fast you get arrested under Chapter 272: CRIMES AGAINST CHASTITY, MORALITY, DECENCY AND GOOD ORDER. If your nudity is "offensive to one or more persons", then you are guilty of "indecent exposure" and there is no exemption for nudity that doesn't have a sexual nature. You will need a good lawyer just to keep from having to register as a sex offender.

This post was edited

Since i am driving one of those high profile vehicles. And have a bunk to slip into when stopped. I can drive nude constantly. I just have something handy to lay on my lap when going through scales or whatever situation. Maybe sitting at a light with another high profile vehicle on the right. Even if they do happen to glance in it would look like i have shorts on at least. If i were to get stopped on the road, i can slip into the bunk and slip something on easily before needing to communicate with officer. But its winter and the cold is seeping in when its cold out. So im not running nude all the time. And when im doing frequent pickups and deliveries its not convenient to get dressed every time i get out. So i stay dressed.

This post was edited

sounds like fun

This post was edited

warm nights I drive home from work nude. my truck sits high enough people can not see in. my car I might drive naked some night

This post was edited

when I drive nude I sit on a wrap. if anyone close I can pull wrap around me

This post was edited