RE:is it legal to drive in the nude?

It's basically going to be an interpretation by a cop if you get stopped. The key would be to not draw attention to yourself by breaking any traffic laws, playing loud music, etc. And keep something handy to cover up with if passing high profile vehicles. I've been driving nude in Texas for years and haven't had any issues.

This post was edited

My Camaro has darken windows on the side. But I always have a coat handy if I need to cover up.

This post was edited

Whenever I've driven nude (most recently on a trip from Tennessee back to Florida), I keep a pair of shorts at my feet so that I can easily slide them up if necessary. I've started to have some sciatica issues and there the waistband of shorts/pants hits is right where it starts to cause me problems. I found that if I lose the shorts or pants, I am pain free while I drive.

This post was edited

A friend and I have driven from Dallas to Austin and back naked before. On the way down there it was a bright and sunny late morning, of course we covered as we were near any high profile vehicles. It helped that we were in a SUV ourselves.

On the way home it was already dark out so neither of us ever bothered covering up when other vehicles were next to us.

This post was edited

During warmer weather, I'll drive nude with the top down on my convertible through the Hill Country all the time, and to and from my favorite resorts. Also drive into work and home every day naked.

This post was edited

Been to camp in Decatur and drove home to west Texas bare. If you have a pair of shorts handy on the floor, or sit on a towel you can use as a cover up fast if needed seems to work fine. Was at a friends one night and drove home this way. Had spilled on clothes so,they were sitting in passenger seat. Got stopped, cop,asked about towel and clothes said I didn't want to ruin seats of car and was less than a mile to house so...no warning, no ticket, just be safe ...got home fine. Was concerned that I had proper shoe size to drive though which was odd ..

This post was edited

I would have assumed that driving nude though you're in your own car, would still be considered being "out in public" and therefore a possible arrest, because of passing cars etc. But you all seem to think not (unless youre putting out lewd behavior) so I'd like to hope you are correct.

This post was edited

In response to nudeColby - I think you're correct about different states or jurisdictions and how local law enforcement / judges etc interpret that. A man driving nude on a highway on Cape Cod is very very likely not going to encounter a problem. A man driving nude on a highway in a small town in Alabama ...oh lordy.... there'd be hell to pay!

This post was edited

In response to rrfalcon #21 - great point!

This post was edited

In response to nudeColby - I think you're correct about different states or jurisdictions and how local law enforcement / judges etc interpret that. A man driving nude on a highway on Cape Cod is very very likely not going to encounter a problem. A man driving nude on a highway in a small town in Alabama ...oh lordy.... there'd be hell to pay!

Cape Cod is still part of Massachusetts which is NOT nude friendly AT ALL. You might get away with it in and around Provincetown, but try driving anywhere else on the Cape (since there are no actual highways on the Cape, I assume you mean "state highway" Route 6 which is an undivided road with a simple double yellow line down the middle) and see how fast you get arrested under Chapter 272: CRIMES AGAINST CHASTITY, MORALITY, DECENCY AND GOOD ORDER. If your nudity is "offensive to one or more persons", then you are guilty of "indecent exposure" and there is no exemption for nudity that doesn't have a sexual nature. You will need a good lawyer just to keep from having to register as a sex offender.

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe