RE: Smmoth Men share your secrets....

My techniques and views are different depending time of year and things I do.For example I use whirlpool, sauna, pool I make sure i'm shaven day before. Usually my hair regrowth is 48 hours to 72 hours before I look like porcupine. Summer heat, winter cold has some effects on hair regrowth and skin irritation.
Just recently I decided to shave entirely pubes and chest then just my legs and back trimming my pubes. Find winter cold temperatures doesn't aggravate heat rash around my pubes as in the summer months.
Usually during summer months visiting the beach before the weekend I try to shave. Start to exfoliate my skin without using bar soaps but Shea butter body wash to clean my skin for shaving stopping red irritation bumps.Using fusion blade may last month for shaving my body 2x week. After washing in the shower I take wash clothe folding it plugging the shower drain. After about inch or two of water trapped I stand on the wash clothe drain holding the water in.Using aloe shaving gel I start with one leg below the knee lather it and using the fusion blade to shave up from the ankles towards the knee. Next I do the exact same to the other leg. Then I move above the knee and lather my entire thighs and rearend, lifting my leg up against the shower wall making sure I shaven my entire hamstring, once done do the other leg. Usually work my stomach next down to the pubes if I decide not shaving my chest. If I do shave my chest I start shaving before I shower in the mirror making sure I get all the hairs in my upper chest then finish in the shower. In the shower I then trim or completely shave my pubes. Then I go to my lower back and rear end and shave any fine hairs.Turn on the shower and wash my skin again with shea butter body wash with sponge. After drying I moisturize with oatmeal aveeno lotion. Unless I get irritation underarms or pubic region I roll deodorant stick onto problem areas so it won't create any red bumps. Some people say use toothpaste rubbing it over sensitive areas leaving it to dry 30 minutes and moisturize after wipping excess off.
Never do I shave the same day when going to the pool or beach so no red bumps start on my skin. Usually shave Friday night so I'm nicely smooth at the beach on the weekend. Then repeat shaving back on mondayor Tuesday night depending if I plan to go swimming at the pool on Wednesday and Thursday. So I live with maybe one or two days a week looking little prickly.
Sometimes find when temperatures get hot and I wear clothes that trap heat my groin region may become red with rash from shaving 2x week so I sometimes shave there once a week.
It does get easier shaving once you do it often and skin gets use to it. Sometimes for quick fix after noticing I missed spots around the knee or my shins where hair grows very quickly I get the Braun electric shaver out. If I go to the beach three days in row I may need to use electric shaver to make my legs less prickly.
Still thinking of going totally shaven at the beach this summer. Usually I had my pubes trimmed low and chest hair but don't know if totally smooth is a good look? Found to many people staring at my trimmed low pubes and shaven balls and legs, stomach, laughing at me.

This post was edited

Not fully smooth here, but well trimmed. Balls shaved two time a week and at the same time trimming the pubes hair, All done with lot of shawing foam, sharp razor blades and gentle touch! :-)

This post was edited

I am rather hairy so smooth shaving would be a nightmare for me. I do use a barbers clipper to cut way back on the hair crop so I have more wispy hair rather than the bushy look.

This post was edited

Shaved penis and scrotum every few days for ten years. Then used an epilator every week or two for 13 years, until it died a few months ago. Went back to shaving as could not find the same type epilator as before. Did not like the lack of smoothness compared to the epilator. Started plucking with tweezers and like the results. Looking into laser.

This post was edited
RE: Smooth Men share your secrets....

I use the Philips bodygroom + Gilette venus. I am happy with them. I shave eveerything except my head and arms ;-)

This post was edited
RE: Smooth Men share your secrets....

Ben shaving shaft and balls for 20 yrs and would like to try laser but sounds expensive and would take several treatments to work. Would consider epilady but several say they used it for years. Thought it was supposed to be permenant?
Anyone know of laser offered in pubic area in midwest?

This post was edited

How do you keep razor burn/bumps away in the pubic area?
I shave my shaft and balls every other day and use a cheap trimmer on my pubic area, but would prefer to be smooth in the pubic area. When I have tried to shave it, I didn't have bumps the first couple of days but then get them pretty badly after the 2nd or 3rd shaving.
I have tried the body groomer with the same result.
Any thoughts?

This post was edited

How do you keep razor burn/bumps away in the pubic area?I shave my shaft and balls every other day and use a cheap trimmer on my pubic area, but would prefer to be smooth in the pubic area. When I have tried to shave it, I didn't have bumps the first couple of days but then get them pretty badly after the 2nd or 3rd shaving.I have tried the body groomer with the same result.Any thoughts?
Try only shaving that area every 10 days for the first few times and you should not then have any problem. It takes a while for the skin to adjust itself, but will soon be ok.
Happy shaving'
MOW.

This post was edited

How do you keep razor burn/bumps away in the pubic area?I shave my shaft and balls every other day and use a cheap trimmer on my pubic area, but would prefer to be smooth in the pubic area. When I have tried to shave it, I didn't have bumps the first couple of days but then get them pretty badly after the 2nd or 3rd shaving.I have tried the body groomer with the same result.Any thoughts?
Try only shaving that area every 10 days for the first few times and you should not then have any problem. It takes a while for the skin to adjust itself, but will soon be ok.
Happy shaving'
MOW.,.

This post was edited

Try only shaving that area every 10 days for the first few times and you should not then have any problem. It takes a while for the skin to adjust itself, but will soon be ok.Happy shaving'MOW.Do you recommend using any lotion or post-shave treatment? Or just shave it once, let it be fore 10 days or so, shave again... repeat...?

This post was edited