Faywood Hot Springs

Hi! My husband and I are new to nudist but want to give it a go. We are thinking about trying Faywood Hot Springs clothing optional campsites and hot springs in New Mexico. I was wondering if anyone has been there and what they thought about the clothing optional areas?

This topic was edited
RE:Faywood Hot Springs

I've been to Faywoood several times and have always enjoyed it. When traveling on I-10 an overnight stop there there is a must. My wife and I are planning to go for a couple of days later this month, we're just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit. The Clothing Optional campground has no water or electric at the sites. Because of that we have always stayed in the Clothing Required campground which has full hook-ups. There are outhouses available in the CO campground, you have to walk through the Clothing Required area to reach the bath house which has flush toilets and showers. The Bath House has several CO soaking pools that are for use of the overnight guests only. The CO soaking pools located next to the CO campground are available for overnight as well as day guests. It's a strange set up but I'm guessing the Clothing Optional/Clothing Required areas evolved over time and this is the best they can do with the facilities in place.

The roads and campground sites are all gravel so if the wind picks up it can be dusty. That certainly has not kept me away. The hot springs are great. The public CO pools next to the CO campground has seating and lounging areas, shaded areas as well as sunning areas, and great views. You will want to be there at sunset! The CO bath house pools (reserved for overnight guests) is fenced which provides protection if it gets windy. I like the private pools at night, just sit back and see the stars.

On our trip later this month we'll be staying in one of the cabins. We've never stayed in the cabins before but looked inside one on our last visit. Pretty basic but comfortable. Unfortunately the cabins are in the Clothing Required area.

Our preference is to stay at Faywood during the week. On weekends there are more day visitors as well as campers. If you go for a few days and are looking for day activities you can take a drive to Silver City, a lot more interesting than Deming. The Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument is worth the trip but a long drive from Faywood. La Esperanza Vineyard and Winery is not far from Faywood. They have a really nice Zinfandel but the winery is not open during the week.

The staff at Faywood have always been great and could not be more welcoming. Faywood is a great place for someone new to social nudism. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe