Cox Video Monitoring

As we travel around the country, were temporarily in an apartment in Las Vegas (between RVs) equipped with Cox Homelife, including video monitoring. Wondering if other nudists have given any thought as to whether someone at Cox may be watching them while nude at home.

This topic was edited
RE:Cox Video Monitoring

video monitoring of inside your home?

This post was edited

Very Eric Blair (1984)

This post was edited

Cox may be watching them while nude at home.

I guess I'm baffled. How can Cox watch you at home...or anywhere? Wouldn't they need a camera somewhere in your home? They can't see back through the TV.

This post was edited

The monitoring is for the customer to use, watch pets, children, or intruders. But, the feed goes through the Cox system out to the internet, so a Cox employee could take a peek I would think.

This post was edited

Cox may be watching them while nude at home.I guess I'm baffled. How can Cox watch you at home...or anywhere? Wouldn't they need a camera somewhere in your home? They can't see back through the TV.
Yes, there is a separate cam you can activate for watching your home while away.

This post was edited

Cox may be watching them while nude at home.I guess I'm baffled. How can Cox watch you at home...or anywhere? Wouldn't they need a camera somewhere in your home? They can't see back through the TV.Yes, there is a separate cam you can activate for watching your home while away.
If you can watch it then so can anybody who can gain access to the system through which you do so. That must include the Cox technicians as a minimum plus anybody who can hack into that level.

This post was edited

If you can watch it then so can anybody who can gain access to the system through which you do so. That must include the Cox technicians as a minimum plus anybody who can hack into that level.

That's what I figure. As a nudist comfortable being watched (nude beach, nude home, nude resorts), having somebody watching me doing normal, everyday activities may set a good example of what nudism is. We may get some converts seeing it as a cool way to live at home.

This post was edited

Now I understand. These remote monitor systems are very good and one of my colleagues uses it to keep an eye on her dogs during the day while she's at work.

However, web cams in general are a very big security risk.

Firstly there are many people out there who do not change the default password. There are then also lots of web sites out there that take advantage of this to provide content. They scan the internet looking for these unsecure web cams and then let anyone who wants to watch them.

Then there are very strongly held views that because the vast majority of web cams are built in China and the far east that they are built with back doors in them meaning that China can look into anyone's house who has a web cam.

If you do have a web cam, I strongly suggest that you change your password, and make it a strong one. Then, if you can make sure that it is behind a sensibly configured firewall.

As for the original post of Cox staff watching your videos, I doubt that it happens, and if they do does it matter? Being a nudist is not illegal, even in America

This post was edited

Then there are very strongly held views that because the vast majority of web cams are built in China and the far east that they are built with back doors in them meaning that China can look into anyone's house who has a web cam.

If the Chinese want to watch me do nude yoga, theyre welcomed to do so. Theyll laugh more at my form than my nudity.

This post was edited

If the Chinese want to watch me do nude yoga, theyre welcomed to do so. Theyll laugh more at my form than my nudity.

That was pretty much the point of my last paragraph, but potentially there is a more serious security issue here. If there are back doors in these web cams, then potentially they can be opened by other people too.

This post was edited