Shirt for the Gym

Since most public gyms require men to wear shirts, what kind of shirt do you wear to the gym? I always wear a sleeveless shirt. Wish I could work out shirtless.
I have 3 I have made myself by starting with an old t, cutting of the sleeves, opening up the sides and the neckline, and trimming a little off the bottom.
This summer, I intend to keep reducing one until I am told not to wear it again.

This topic was edited
RE:Shirt for the Gym

Not a gym member, but have often though that if women are accepted in tube tops and sports bras, would I be bold enough to wear one instead of a full length shirt.

This post was edited

I have been tempted to cut a tank top just below the chest to have the same amount of coverage as a sports bra or halter room and see if I am asked to leave.

This post was edited

I wear a tank top with a very low scooped neck, the "neckline" coming down to the base of my sternum. The straps cover my nipples. So, I am practically bare-chested when I work out. I have found that wearing anything more "covering" almost keeps me from doing my weights properly. I have belonged to the same gym for over 20 years and no one has ever suggested I cover up. And that's not because I'm the picture of muscular health. LOL.

This post was edited

I wear a tank top with a very low scooped neck, the "neckline" coming down to the base of my sternum. The straps cover my nipples. So, I am practically bare-chested when I work out. I have found that wearing anything more "covering" almost keeps me from doing my weights properly. I have belonged to the same gym for over 20 years and no one has ever suggested I cover up. And that's not because I'm the picture of muscular health. LOL.

Does the shirt have a minimal string back also?

This post was edited

Back is pretty well covered up. Else someone would have said something to me about it by now, I'm sure.

This post was edited

Don't know why anyone would.
String back types are commercially available and I see some at my gym.

This post was edited

I have opened the sides to below the waistband of my shorts and made the neckline lower on all of my homemade tank tops.
Next move is a stringer back and see what happens.

This post was edited

I have opened the sides to below the waistband of my shorts and made the neckline lower on all of my homemade tank tops.Next move is a stringer back and see what happens.

Realized that I have not yet seen any men wearing string back tanks at my new gym, either homemade or commercial. There were often a few men wearing them at my former gym, but definitely a minority.

Will probably stay with the fuller backs for a while. Don't want to be the first in a stringer, especially since they are homemade.

This post was edited