RE:What to do when your neigbhor finds out that you are into nudiity

Best thing I did was tell my neighbors I got tired of sneeking around and only enjoying my backyard when they were not around , they have no problems with it and it's kind of cool

This post was edited

many years ago my nearest neighbors a retirement aged couple 1/4 mile up the road asked me to get their mail and newspapers in while they were out of town for a week. I did , including an early morning nude walk on a Sunday to get their paper. I had seen they were back but had not gotten around to taking their mail to them. He showed up and I simply did not feel like putting clothes on , so I greeted him nude at the door. He did a double take , but did not seem shocked or upset. I might add, they are not the most sociable people and pretty much keep to themselves.
The next summer at Turtle Lake Nudist resort who do i see in all their glory? My retired neighbors, I think it surprised us both, but we said howdy as we passed on the path. Nothing more was ever said. But he has stopped by a few more times over the years to drop off mis-directed mail and i have almost always been nude to greet him.

This post was edited

To the OPs--sorry you had such an uncomfortable experience with neighbors. As far as what to do, I would first assess what kind of neighborly friendship you want, based on how it is now and where you would want it to go. If these are people that you really enjoy having in your life I would start with a phone call or email indicating that you were as surprised as they were, and that you are learning to get comfortable with nudity at home.

If they are like most Americans (unfortunately), they probably assumed you were preparing for sex and were embarassed. Most people cannot imagine the enjoyment we all have just enjoying the night air naked.

My own experience of my neighbor dropping over to return a dish when I was on my private patio nude was quite different. I fumbled and apologized and he said "Hey, what you do in the privacy of your own yard is your business." But I am a single man and he is a man who suggested we not inform his wife of my nudism. Very dfferent circumstance. So if he comes over alone I always just remain nude. But these are neighbors I want to maintain a good relationship with, so I would never push it further.

This post was edited

I have an enclosed deck off my kitchen,I always sunbathe nude. can't be seen by neighbors or the street. My neighbor lady asked the other day why the deck is enclosed. I said because I like to sunbathe. she said ok, and asked if I sunbathe nude and I said yes. she said that was interesting.

This post was edited

you should have invited them in and had a cocktail, naked. they might have liked it.

This post was edited

I suggest having an honest talk with them. Let them know they are welcome to join in, but if it's not their thing, then that's okay too. Although I am curious, why she walked away. If someone barge's into someone else's property without notice, then they have to understand surprises may happen.

This post was edited

The original post was over a year ago, and they never returned to update us on the situation, so I would guess this is fake.

For those reading this thread looking for advice with a similar situation, I can offer some input.

Had essentially the same situation when wife and I bought the property we have now. Before even building the house, we introduced ourselves to the nearby property owners. When questions came up about why were laid out the plans for structures the way we were doing, we told them very honestly that we were nudists (we used that word specifically because not everyone knows what a naturist is) and that would afford us the best privacy. Turned out, one of the adjoining property owners was raised nudist and visited resorts, and the other simply did not care, and occasionally goes outside nude himself. Problem solved. Never would have known that if we hadn't been so open in the first place.

This post was edited