GE visits for Summer 2018?

I should have started this thread way back in January but forgot!

This thread will serve as a place to inquire about any TN members visiting Glen Eden for the rest of the year.

This topic was edited
RE:GE visits for Summer 2018?

We just visited and stayed 3 nights at GE. I'm not sure what the job does or doesn't do for some of the front office staff but there have been some really great women working the front desk that are nice, smiling, friendly and welcoming to members and guests. At one time there was a really nice younger lady working named Nicki and now she's gone but there's a new woman named Cari that is really, really nice and I hope she stays on for some time.

In contrast, there have been some really rude and grumpy women that worked the front office and they are all gone as well. Some of them seemed to think that everyone visiting was suspect of doing something wrong before they even got into the gates. One woman used to say "whataya want, " instead of "can I help you?" A couple of the women that used to work in the front office weren't rude but not very welcoming and never smiled unless they knew the person, usually a resident.

But it appears the entire front office has changed and with the current Manager, Art, seems he's focused on keep the club up and looking good and he's still a pretty friendly guy. We met a woman that we assume is on the board and spoke to her about buying a place there. She was very nice and gave us some good information on the process. When we said that we like the improvements they were making, she stated that they are continually trying to make more and more and it's taking time but they are getting there.

One of the improvement I hope they make is getting residents and members that own spaces, to clean up their spaces and keep the neat and free of piles of junk. There are several spaces that need to be bulldozed and truly if we did buy one of these spots, that's what we'd do. But there are a couple of spots we are looking at and after we look at finances, we'll decide to jump into the pool of members interested in purchasing a spot.

This post was edited
RE:GE visits for Summer 2018?

We visited today, just a day visit. We were going to go to Black's but that trek down and back up does my wife in. She's getting less sure footed and that scares the hell outta her so, I'm not sure she and I will be visiting Black's anymore. Yeah, there are alternate routes but I/we don't want to navigate the rocks and held to the tide or walk 2 miles to get to the nude section of the beach. I think we'll save our nude beach visits for those times we go up to the Central Coast and visit one of those established nude beaches up that way.

Anyway our day visit to GE was good. A good mix of people and some hold over kids from the Kids Camp. It was great to see those three kids having a good time and being naked didn't phase them a bit. They were having a good time, like kids do, and making some noise but we have 7 grandkids and their noise can be deafening when they are here swimming. But these three playing seemed to bother a few people. We enjoyed seeing them enjoy themselves.

One small downside to our visit today was the woman in the front office that took care of our check in. Not very welcoming or friendly. That's a huge turn off for members, guests and first timers. It's almost like some of these residents that work the front office dislike visitors or members. These particular front office people seem to be suspect of every person coming in to visit or stay. In contrast, we were assisted by a woman last week when we visited in our motorhome and stayed 3 nights. She was very pleasant on the phone. I did not get her name but when we checked in later that day, she remembered me from the phone call and was very welcoming and friendly. Even when we left, she was genuinely friendly and told us to come back soon. The woman that checked us in today not so much.

This post was edited