Completely new, and just a little nervous

Hey everybody! My name is Max, and I'm 22. I'm an American living in Paris, and I'm completely new to all of this. I actually spent most of my life until literally two weeks ago being kind of a prude about this kind of thing. I was one of those people who never took off his shirt, even at the pool. I don't have a perfect body - far from it - and I was, and still am to a smaller degree ashamed of the way I looked and used clothes to hide. This all changed a few weeks ago. Im crashing at a guys place I found on couch surfer, and he introduced me to the naturist lifestyle. I was a little creeped out at first, I assumed it had to be sexual. But he proved it wasn't. After some plying he convinced me to give it a try. I spent a whole day naked, more than I had in years, and it felt great. it felt natural, I even forgot I was naked after a while. So now, Im going to have my own place soon, and I'm going to give naturalism a try! Excited!

This topic was edited
RE:Completely new, and just a little nervous

I agree with Dadio that you have to be comfortable in your own skin. I encourage you however (at your own pace) to also try being nude socially. It is a very freeing feeling to know that all of your personal hang ups dont matter to anyone but you and people will accept you for who you really are.

Welcome to TN

This post was edited

Thanks everyone!

This post was edited

Good for you, Max. It took me a decade or two longer than you to get over body shaming, but better late then never! Embrace naturism. Enjoy.

This post was edited

I agree with Dadio that you have to be comfortable in your own skin. I encourage you however (at your own pace) to also try being nude socially. It is a very freeing feeling to know that all of your personal hang ups dont matter to anyone but you and people will accept you for who you really are.Welcome to TN

Good advice

This post was edited

Lots of oppprtunites for naturism in Paris and France in general once you are ready to venture out.

This post was edited

Going to add my welcome and congratulations to taking the first step in this wonderful nudist world. First is to be able to spend a day alone with no clothes at home doing everything you normally do clothed. And if you can do it with someone else in the house also, that's great. Then comes the part of being outdoors - be it in your own property, in a woods or field, or on a lonely beach. Gotta do it somehow. When you can do that with only a slight bit of anxiety, then you really are ready to launch into a social experience which should be very comfortable for you by then. It should take you only a minute or two to adjust to being naked in front of other men and women. Good on you that you're looking forward to more - Lots of fun social places there in Paris.

This post was edited