So I get a friend request from Melisa07

And along with the request is the comment: "Can we chat now?"

That's gotta be a bogus account correct?

Just checking...

Jeff

This topic was edited
RE:So I get a friend request from Melisa07

sux that we have to wade through crap like this. Would much rather be attending a nudist event or enjoying myself on a nude beach.

Jeff

This post was edited

Many of these are scammers who will gain a man's confidence, relate a hard-luck story, and ask for money to be sent via Paypal or other means

This post was edited

What surprises me is.... you had to ask.

TT do nothing about these bogus accounts, it makes them complicit in any successful fraud.

This post was edited

In "her" profile she makes not 1 mention of nudity at all. Like it was created by a bot.

This post was edited

What surprises me is.... you had to ask.TT do nothing about these bogus accounts, it makes them complicit in any successful fraud.

If you look at "her" story, a lot have gotten sucked in

This post was edited

I too got the Merry Smith email. Complete fraud. And so obvious too. Why do people fall for that?

This post was edited

Sounds like these phishing profiles never make any mention of nudism which is a pretty good indicator.

Jeff

This post was edited

No need to go into details but i got into a similar situation with cdonna and another one before herwho is now gone. Also note that merrysmith currently has 3 different profiles here! merrysmith, merrysmithlovely and merrysmith55. No friends listed at all - another scammer sign. Melisa07 is gone.Any of you that has had a problem or communication with any merrysmith, please make a report. Thank you!

This post was edited

I have received that message and a couple of others that are similar. I just delete them without opening. For a while I would check their profiles but they were always blank.

This post was edited

Usually if I get an actual message the English is rather disjointed and formal so I always assume its a scammer. Same with the profile text. Another tip off is if its a young female with an obviously fake profile picture with a string of recently accepted male friend requests, that's another tell tale sign.

This post was edited