Possible hack?

I noticed one of my friends blocked me. I don't know why this happened. I never sent any offensive message to him. I wonder if my profile has been hacked?

One thing is for sure, if more of my friends block me, I might shut down my account for fear of it being compromised.

What do you reckon?

This topic was edited
RE:Possible hack?

Don't know.

I clicked on one of the people that had view my profile and he had blocked me.
I had never seen his profile or remembering commenting about a post of his before.

If someone views my profile and had a private status or has been a member for many years and has no pictures
and not much of a profile I'll block him. Its a social site after all.

Later,

This post was edited

I am in Australia and I had a guy from New Zealand send me a friend request out of the blue ie we had not had contact before. I checked his profile and was happy to friend him which I did. 5 minutes later when I attempted to thanks him for the FR he had blocked me. Who knows how others think. Rob

This post was edited

I have not heard of profiles here being hacked. But I suppose it's possible. I wonder if someone meant to unfriend and thought blocking was the way to do that. Unfriending is not necessarily mean spirited. But if it was someone who you communicated with recently, it does seem puzzling.

This post was edited

Oh, wow! i am SO happy to see this posted. I've had the same thing happen to me, and it has bothered me for months - to the point that I seriously considered leaving here altogether. Not only was there no bad offense, me and this particular member hit it off rather well and chatted off and on for a good day or two. I even had his kik and something else (I forget what it was, but other outlet for contact). One day, he suddenly vanished in mid conversation and I wondered what had happened. I sent a mail to ask him about it, and he responded with an, "Oh! I'm sorry. I got a new kik account" and gave it to me. If I recall, there was either no response or it didn't work or something, but anyway...come back here to just talk to him again not thinking anything about it since he had reacted with an "oh! sorry!" before...only to find that he now had me blocked. Hearing here that blocking is a two step process pretty much confirms for me that it was deliberate action of clear intent.

I have absolutely no idea what on earth would have inspired him to do that, and frankly I tend to get my feelings hurt about stuff like that. I pride myself on being very upfront and direct about my intentions, I live as an open book - much more so than most people who claim the same - and I take great care to be mindful of people's feelings. I place value in such stuff as that, and it doesn't seem like many people do anymore. People are to be clicked and swiped away without a word. Hearing that it's just how things are on the internet is a cop out, in my opinion. It's excusing behavior that shouldn't be. You either attempt to treat people with dignity or you don't.

I guess I'm just hopelessly old school, but at least that school still has class.

This post was edited