Your Definition of Nudism.....

I am doing a research project on peoples views of what "nudism" actually is. In the UK, it tends to be interchangeable with naturism but having been a member on here for quite a while, I can see that people from differing parts of the world have very different views on what a nudist actually is.

This may come as a shock to some, but many people (especially on this web site) consider it to be something sexually related and they may actually believe it is sexually related. Others consider it to be completely separate to sex and at the same time, when setting up a profile, the web site asks what your sexuality is.

So, being completely honest, tell us what YOU believe the definition of nudism is. Why do you go nude? What are you hoping to achieve from it? Or from this (or other) web site? Do you believe it is sexual or a means for sexual gratification?

If you can include which country you are from as well - that will help me with the demographics.
Thanks.

This topic was edited
RE:Your Definition of Nudism.....

Absence of clothes.people will.be people.anything else is up to the people involved. Canada

This post was edited

It is about being comfortable with yourself and surrounds. Yes there is a certain amount of sexuality and friendship as you are drawn to people you like. Australia

This post was edited

A desire if not a passion to live without the constriction of clothing. I consider myself a nudist even though I spend more of my life in clothes than without them. It is a comfort thing for me. If it gets too hot, shedding the clothing makes for a cooler more comfortable body. I'm from Northern Michigan in the USA, but like Canada we are a large country with differing cultures in different regions. You may have to break us down into regions as well.

This post was edited

Take a look at my group' Nudism and Spirituality.'

This post was edited

My Definitions

Nudisum- A Cloths Free lifestyle
Nudist - A person who is comfortable being nude around others
Naturist - A person who enjoys being one with nature including being nude outdoors.
Naturalist - A person who is more organic being one with all living things in there natural course of life.

I identify as a Nudist that enjoys Nudisum. Even though i have always been nude or semi nude when at home, I didnt discover social nudity until last year. Being socially nude allows me to be around others that also enjoy being cloths free. I didnt know it was so wide spread until I starting looking for other places to go.

When you are nude, you dont know if you are talking to the Superintamdamt of a school district or a guy who was standing on the corner with a sign a few hours ago. Both true stories. Its just about connecting with the person and not what their clothing says about them.

Sexuality is a state of mind. More hook-ups happen while clothed than nude. I was worried about being aroused my first time but found that I worried for nothing.

I get affirmation that I am not a pervert from Nudisum. Knowing that I am not the only one who enjoys being nude and appreciating the nude human body.

This post was edited

So, being completely honest, tell us what YOU believe the definition of nudism is.
I believe nudism is a lifestyle defined by one being comfortable without clothing.

Why do you go nude?
I go nude because it's comfortable.

What are you hoping to achieve from it?
Same as above. Comfort.

Or from this (or other) web site?
I just want to meet more nudists in my area and make some more nudist friends. It's hard to find them around my area, so any means of being able to locate other fellow nudists is a good thing.

Do you believe it is sexual or a means for sexual gratification?
Absolutely not. Sex and nudism have nothing to do with each other.

If you can include which country you are from as well - that will help me with the demographics.Thanks.
Canada.

This post was edited

I can't define it, but I know it when I see it. But, let me try:

NUDISM is the preference to be naked rather than clothed.
SOCIAL NUDISM is the practice of being with others who prefer nudity.
POPULAR NUDISM is engaging in voyeurism and exhibitionism in social setting while employing heightened
discipline in observing established protocol or etiquette.
SEXUAL NUDISM is popular nudism without discipline, whether through willful disregard or being impaired (not sober).

In my opinion, most people (myself included) subscribe to Popular Nudism. That is to say, being naked with manners!

This post was edited

I am doing a research project on peoples views of what "nudism" actually is. In the UK, it tends to be interchangeable with naturism but having been a member on here for quite a while, I can see that people from differing parts of the world have very different views on what a nudist actually is.This may come as a shock to some, but many people (especially on this web site) consider it to be something sexually related and they may actually believe it is sexually related. Others consider it to be completely separate to sex and at the same time, when setting up a profile, the web site asks what your sexuality is.So, being completely honest, tell us what YOU believe the definition of nudism is. Why do you go nude? What are you hoping to achieve from it? Or from this (or other) web site? Do you believe it is sexual or a means for sexual gratification?If you can include which country you are from as well - that will help me with the demographics.Thanks.

One of the most helpful things you can do is contact the existing nudist groups, FKK and HKK offices, Germany Spain Holland France UK The US has tons, Canada (FCN and TNT and GTA Skinnydippers. You have a small enough sample to hit them all. The philosophy is in books, Greeks and Renaissance and Enlightenment and Victorian cultures all had views and definitions that feed in. The major thinkers and political groups in the whole have ideas that cluster. That will give you a solid picture that this method may not as much.

This post was edited

Scroll to the very bottom of this page, the very last thing you can read is your answer.

This post was edited

I became naturist as an intentional effort to clean up my mind from sexual corruption. But I recognize there's two sides to it. One side engages in nudism as a sexual thing, operating in harmony with societies "nude is lustful" line of reasoning. The other side that I am part of avoids that and does it for the anti lust training it can have on the mind.

This post was edited