Whos going to AZ this winter

Planning a trip to Arizona this January anyone have any recommendations on where to go or where you are going thanks.

This topic was edited
RE:Whos going to AZ this winter

I live in a suburb of Phoenix. Arizona is a wonderful place to visit, if you are prepared. Hopefully you are driving, otherwise plan to put a lot of miles on a rental car and have seasonal clothing for a varied climate. It is a very large State with desert as well as high forested mountains that go over 8 thousand feet in altitude. Many attractions are miles apart, yet look close together on the map. Some places are accessible only in the summer due to weather, some are open year round. Some places, though on the map they look like easy access, may be a full day's trip while others will only take a few hours. There are Indian Ruins, natural geological formations, volcano fields, scenic landscapes in the mountains and the desert. There are many museums, art galleries, and entertainment venues also. Phoenix does have a good city bus system (for the downtown area) but for the outer edges there is limited service. Some activities require advance reservations--example is certain activities at the Grand Canyon require 6 months to 1 year advance reservation. So plan out your trip carefully and research the area before you arrive.

This post was edited

I live in a suburb of Phoenix. Arizona is a wonderful place to visit, if you are prepared. Hopefully you are driving, otherwise plan to put a lot of miles on a rental car and have seasonal clothing for a varied climate. It is a very large State with desert as well as high forested mountains that go over 8 thousand feet in altitude. Many attractions are miles apart, yet look close together on the map. Some places are accessible only in the summer due to weather, some are open year round. Some places, though on the map they look like easy access, may be a full day's trip while others will only take a few hours. There are Indian Ruins, natural geological formations, volcano fields, scenic landscapes in the mountains and the desert. There are many museums, art galleries, and entertainment venues also. Phoenix does have a good city bus system (for the downtown area) but for the outer edges there is limited service. Some activities require advance reservations--example is certain activities at the Grand Canyon require 6 months to 1 year advance reservation. So plan out your trip carefully and research the area before you arrive.

This post was edited

Will be in Arizona for most of the month of January. Lots to see and do. Staying in some nude venues and some textile campgrounds with my RV. What you do depends on what you are interested in - nature and scenic sights, history, Native American sites, space and airplanes, art and crafts, and cultural experiences. Some go and stay in the same place for 2-3 months - I tend to move around and experience different things.

This post was edited

Will be in Arizona for most of the month of January. Lots to see and do. Staying in some nude venues and some textile campgrounds with my RV. What you do depends on what you are interested in - nature and scenic sights, history, Native American sites, space and airplanes, art and crafts, and cultural experiences. Some go and stay in the same place for 2-3 months - I tend to move around and experience different things.

This post was edited

Will be in AZ in November and December. We have a wedding in Mesa in November and spending Christmas in Phoneix. We will be staying at the AZ Sunburst and will make a day trip to Shangri La Ranch.

This post was edited