Any suggestions for getting to places without a car

I'm a student in Atlanta and all the resorts are over an hour away driving, which makes it pretty much impossible for me to get there on my own since I don't have a car. Right now, all I've done is post in meetup groups hoping that someone is willing to go with me.

This topic was edited
RE:Any suggestions for getting to places without a car

I can get to any destination I want to go without a car, even a hundred or more miles away. I simply get in one of my trucks or on one of my motorcycles and go. I don't really have a need for a car.

This post was edited

Looks like the best/only suggestions you are going to get for getting places without a car. Maybe a bicycle would be more in your budget.

This post was edited

Updated my profile some more. Anything else that I'm missing that you'd suggest I add?

This post was edited

Excellent use of sarcasm in a post * bravo ....extra points for NOT using a lol at the end of the post or anywhere in the posts body.The use of *lol in a good written sarcastic moment just loses its wit and charm to those of us that can relate to and practice the art form that is sarcasm .Norm

I wasn't even trying to be sarcastic, merely pointing out there are ways of getting to places without the need for a car. Pick-up trucks and motorcycles are excellent alternatives for personal transportation. Just to be clear, I DO have a car, but it has been parked for about the last 4 years since I can still get around well enough without it. I know I will need to replace the battery in it before I can use it again, as well as get insurance and license on it. But it's there if I ever need it.

This post was edited