RE:Any one else trying to get wife into this

My wife was never nude at home often, but as she got older and heavier, she has become even less likely to do so.

This post was edited

I wish my wife would share my enjoyment of being nude with friends. My wife enjoyed social nudity with me before we were married, we spent time at Huntington Gorge in Vermont and we were ready to join Pine Tree in Maryland when we lived there and then my work transferred me. I could never get her back into it. We have been married 38 years and have gone from our first 30 years of together 365/24/7 to realizing its OK to have different interests.

Best friends want their friends to be happy and my wife is my best friend so my wife encourages me to spend time enjoying my nude hobby, just don't make her do it so I don't. Our marriage has actually gotten stronger even as I run off on a regular basis to various nude and clothing optional resorts, I thinks its because when we are happy we feed that happiness back into our relationships and everyone ends up in a happier place. While I wish my wife would join me I have made many friends on my travels and the nudist life has brought me a ton of joy.

This post was edited

I got back into being a home nudist about two years ago. I've tried to get my wife to join me but she's too self conscious. We both are overweight. I've become accepting of my body, its shape, and its imperfections. My wife, however, doesn't think she's either beautiful enough or has a body that others would want to see naked...even when it's just us at home.

Her view of her body came from the body shaming she received from her first husband when her pre-pregnancy body didn't return after having their two children. He continued the shaming after their divorce (he cheated on her several times).

At first, she thought it was just a phase I was going through but now she knows it's something I enjoy. I've explained to her why and how I feel so comfortable when naked. I've invited her to join me when lounging around the house but she has yet to give it a try.

One evening, she asked/commented "I suppose you want to go to a nude beach or something sometime, huh?" I told her it's on my bucket list. I honestly don't know if I would go to one without her though. The nearest nude beach (that I know of) is close to 1,000 miles away.

Maybe someday I will be able to get her to be naked at home and even in our backyard.

This post was edited

After 17 years of marriage, I doubt that my wife will ever get into this. I'm not sure that I am. I've been spending more nude time as we have gotten older, especially after her kids left home. I'll sneak out with the garbage in the dark of early morning, not get dressed until I have to go out, and not get dressed after a shower or soak in the hot tub. I have not been there for a few years, but there is a beach near us that is unused enough that I can go nude. It is a long walk and walking has gotten hard. I've been on a rural bike trail nude for a few miles, but have not yet tried WNBR because it was just too hot and sunny.

She strips off as soon as she gets home from work, but then almost always heads straight to bed. We live in two houses about a half week in each and she will sometimes enjoy her mornings nude in one. Her wake up time before work in the other is with clothing on. In our two story home, she will come down the stairs which can be seen from the street, then put on clothes or lounge under a blanket. In the ranch, if she thinks she might be seen from outside, she will put hands over her breasts.

I like to see outside. She has the window coverings closed almost all of the time. It makes me wonder why I went through the trouble and expense of putting windows in.

This post was edited

I considered myself a nudist for over 50 years. Had 4 wives and at many LTR girlfriends and all of them had too much body shame not only about their bodies but they did not care to look at mine around the house except when they were in a horny mood.

Plans were for my dog and me to get a couple of acres down here near the Alabama/Florida coast after I retire where we could be naked all the time. As it worked out, I got back with #2 after many years and although she still has body shame, she is fine with me being naked 24 hours a day.

Hoping when I get a pool installed next year she might change her mind. Women and some men need a special reason to get naked. I never did.

This post was edited

Been there done that...twice.

My first wife had body acceptance issues and would not even go nude around the house. With lots of persistence and patience, it started with her being ok with me staying naked at home. Then she very slowly and gradually transitioned to being nude at home with me. She eventually agreed to a trip to the nudist resort; and things "took off" from there. She started being nude at home more often, agreed to more trips to the nudist resort, met other nudists, started being more comfortable being naked around other nudists; until eventually she developped her own preference for nudity. That took quite a bit of time.

With my current wife it also took a lot of patience and persistence. She first agreed to a trip to the nude beach; and that didn't turn out so great. A couple of years later she agreed to a trip to the nudist resort; and unlike my first wife who took several tries staying covered around people, she was almost immediately comfortable being naked amongst other nudists. To the point where she started planning subsequent resort visits.

The biggest differences between my fist and current wives is that my first wife eventually embraced home nudism to a larger extent than social nudism; choosing to be naked at home 90% of the time. My current wife is more of a recreational/resort nudist; and only goes nude at home "casually." Other than that it took about the same amount of time...2-3 years.

What is true however in both cases was that it was resort nudism that "did the trick." Probably has a lot to do with being around nude people; particularly seeing other women being openly and comfortably naked. That does a lot to quell their own anxiety about being seen naked themselves. But "getting them there" can take a lot of patience, negotiating, bartering, etc... The "trick" for me was emphasizing clothing-optionality (they would not have to get naked unless they wanted to) and giving a lot of room for negotiating logistics (how far we would go and where, and how long we would stay.) In both cases the negotiating part was long and extensive (and sometimes exhausting) but at the end of the day, when I eventually saw them both walking into the pool area naked and comfortable; well it was well worth the effort.

This post was edited

Thats my situation as well... Ive been trying to get my wife to go to a nude beach for years... She always sort of laughs it off as a joke.... but im serious. But not giving up..... being nude just feels so great

This post was edited

I've been in the same boat, I've been a nudist for 2 years. Wife thought I was a little strange at first but came to accept it but would not strip down. I first got into the naked life in St. Martin while we were on vacation. So for our 35th Anniversary I took my wife back to St. Martin. To my surprise when we went over to Pinal Island I stripped down and she followed suit. I was very surprised but it was a good introduction since we were the only couple there for a good couple hours and then there was only another couple who came later. The next day went to Happy Bay, again very secluded and then ended up on Orient Beach. So there is hope, just be patient

This post was edited

My wife was always comfortable being nude in the house just the two of us but it took awhile for her to be ok with going places and being nude around others. The first place I was able to convince her to go nude was at Playalinda beach in Florida. She scoffed at me when I took my clothes off before we found a spot. We found a spot a little away from others where she joined me. We did walk down the beach and go in the ocean but she tried to stay covered y behind me or in the ocean. Not helping things some random guy not far from us started jerking off. We left but not a great first impression of trying nudism.

The next place we visited was a very rustic nudist campground. She was reluctant but did walk around nude. There was not a lot of people there which made it easier but the male vs female ratio was about 10:1. Lot of single guys and that made her uncomfortable. We did break a barrier for her because overall it was a much more positive experience for her. After this it wasn't as hard to get her to go. We went to a few other places over the next year and she was ok with it but not excited to go.

Finally, We were in Florida and decided to give Cypress Cove a try and she loved it! Lots of people around (both sexes), beautiful grounds, pools and a bar beside the pool. After enjoying the day there she didn't want to leave and wants to go back. After a few years and relocating to Texas we tried both local clubs and ended up joining Bluebonnet. Only downside is that she's just not that social a person in general so she likes going but prefers to read/sunbath by the pool relaxing with little interaction with others.

Overall a win but took some time.

This post was edited

Show her this. Maybe it will help her confidence

This post was edited