Magic circle

Just wondering if anyone in Arizona can tell me how hard it is to get a campsite at magic circle for New Years weekend

This topic was edited
RE:Magic circle

Phone the campsite.

This post was edited

Its not a campsite, per se, but more of a group of people. Its land that's set aside for use by the group, in Las Posas South, of the BLM lands south of the freeway. I believe its about 200 acres.

This post was edited

As someone with limited experience at Magic Circle, (I have been there once) I would not imagine it to be a hard thing to find a place to camp on New Years Eave. It is a very large place, there are not dedicated pre determined camp spots, Just a lot of land that you pull up to an open spot and set up. You will need to pay the BLM fee for daily use at the entrance of the Long Term Visitor Area, I don't recall what it is off hand.

This post was edited

Is there a camp manager or someone with a phone to ask questions? website?

This post was edited

Thanks for the info. I have been there during the off season and my original question was to determine if there might be an empty square of BLM dirt that would be large enough for me to park or would it be really packed do to the holiday, and it sounds like the answer would be yes. Unfortunately due to the gov shutdown I was not able to go for New Years, maybe next year. Again thnx for the great feed back. No threads rules!

This post was edited

La Posa South LTVA Welcome Center
Campground in Quartzsite, Arizona
Here is the phone number listed Phone: (928) 317-3200

We have a Magic Circle group here on this TN site
Here is the link on this TN site to the group.

This post was edited