RE:Book Recommendations

Jack Whyte has written a series of books called Dream of Eagles, that was extremely well researched. Also a book entitled Uther, which fits in the series but is a great stand alone. NO fantasy, magic, monsters. Historical fiction that tells the story of the birth of the british empire through the lives of King Arthur and his ancestors.

This post was edited

Jack Whyte has written a series of books called Dream of Eagles, that was extremely well researched. Also a book entitled Uther, which fits in the series but is a great stand alone. NO fantasy, magic, monsters. Historical fiction that tells the story of the birth of the british empire through the lives of King Arthur and his ancestors.

I have read the entire series. Been an Arthurian fan for years. One of the best versions of the tale that I have read. A someday reread for sure

This post was edited

I finished reading "Complete Short Stories" by Graham Greene.This book is a collection of semi autobiographical stories about child and adult hood ,merage, sex, and old age from 1929 to 1999. The stories are in modernist style. The stories reminded me of Virginia Woolf and Eugene Ionesco.

This post was edited

Although it's a lot of reading, I can whole-heartedly recommend Will and Ariel Durant's "History of Civilization" in ten volumes or so. They have a very good authorial style that keeps things interesting, with a sly, dry humor that occasionally sneaks out and makes me laugh.

This post was edited

I finished reading "Full Frontal Fiction" published by NERVE.CON. It is a collection of forty two stand alone stories taken from the web site, thay discuss the psychological and emotional aspects of sex rather than the physical aspects. The book dealt with realistic failings of sex rather than ultimate sexual gratification . it was a pleasant change from the standard erotica.

This post was edited