Follow up chat with a buddy

I am a member of a small group made up of 5 couples and one other single Our common thread is we attend the same church. We call them LifeGroups and the main purpose is to build real relationships to strengthen each other. Earlier this month I hosted the group at my home for the first time. I noticed one of the guys looking over my rather revealing collection of pics that are clustered on one wall. I wondered what he thought of seeing that side of me. Last night we had another dinner at a different home and I made sure to ask him what he thought about the pics i had on display. He said " we all only get to go around once so why not?" Nothing he said was condemning in any way. He did thank me that there is a small post it note over the one full frontal pic. ( me in a beach chair taken at Club Orient). I told him i added that years ago when
i had 2 older women as maids. He also said he understood why when I hosted we had an evening with minus the gaggle of 9 kids ages 16 months to 12yrs that normally are along. He has 6 and 10 yrs old. The main reason I hosted an adults only party was we did fondue and did not think having kids and boiling oil was a good combo. The other parents agreed the fondue was a blast but would not have been doable with the kids. Not having the kids terrorize a not kid proofed house was a bonus.

This topic was edited
No replies yet.