Cambridge's 'Naked Professor' to host adult only anti-Brexit show

Cambridge's 'Naked Professor' to host adult only anti-Brexit show

Speaking to the News about her nude economics protest last year, Dr Bateman explained why she often gets criticism for her style of protesting - and why that just makes her commit to it more. She said: That criticism (which I always receive in response to my protests) does, I think, reveal quite a lot about society - that were not comfortable with women who confidently use their body for a purpose other than to please others."Were happy to view images of nudes in art galleries - and to be confronted daily with images of women in advertising, but when a woman uses her body to speak out, it causes outrage.Society seems to be happy to be able to view naked women - but not for naked women to be able to talk back. Ultimately, I wont let the criticism and abuse stop me - if anything it always makes me even more determined to highlight and challenge the underlying hypocrisy.Tickets to the event are free, and available from junction.co.uk/brexit-the-naked-truth. For obvious nudity based reasons, the show is only open to those aged 18 and up.

This topic was edited
No replies yet.