Absolut Vodka Commercial

This would never happen in America...
https://youtu.be/02e9klKUN0Y

This topic was edited
RE:Absolut Vodka Commercial

This would never happen in America...https://youtu.be/02e9klKUN0Y

It's because we can't get the Swedish wheat & water they use over there to make it. But using the wheat & water we have here already, I wonder if it would really make that much of a difference in taste & quality, if everything else about producing it were the same.

This post was edited

As for the commercial style itself, showing people naked with select body parts blurred or pixelated...that would happen (look at the TV show Naked and Afraid). But to get a group of people to participate being nude in front of a camera for a TV commercial, that would be much more difficult. Especially to have that group of people be actual employees of a company rather than paid actors...not to mention having a company put their image and reputation out their as supporting such a "taboo" as nudism.

This post was edited

As for the commercial style itself, showing people naked with select body parts blurred or pixelated...that would happen (look at the TV show Naked and Afraid). But to get a group of people to participate being nude in front of a camera for a TV commercial, that would be much more difficult. Especially to have that group of people be actual employees of a company rather than paid actors...not to mention having a company put their image and reputation out their as supporting such a "taboo" as nudism.

What about if the employees at the distillery actually DO work nude, at least the ones that want to? I think the Swedes are a bit more relaxed about nudity than the U.S..

This post was edited

That was quite interesting. I thought it was funny when they blurred part of the pig to show an equality with the humans. :)

This post was edited

That was quite interesting. I thought it was funny when they blurred part of the pig to show an equality with the humans. :)

This post was edited

Overall I have noticed a bit an upward trend in our tolerance towards nudity-as-humor in North America, but I agree that something on this scale, with your average employees, would never happen here. One can only hope that the current surge of European-based media in America will help us get over some of the mindsets that so needlessly plague our people.

This post was edited

I prefer the Ted Danson Smirnoff Vodka commercial. That is a class act. Naked men in the field of the contents of my next drink? I don't think so!!

This post was edited

I prefer the Ted Danson Smirnoff Vodka commercial. That is a class act. Naked men in the field of the contents of my next drink? I don't think so!!

Sorry but the naked men worn't in the field of your next drink as the crop had been harvested and, only the byproduct (straw) was left in the field.

This post was edited