New privacy problems

Hi all. So I just got finished building a privacy fence on the side of my house. The city and army corps of engineers took some of my property for a levee improvement and cut down a row of oak trees that provided me all my privacy. Not only that, they added a public walk and bike path very close to my back yard. 20ft high on top of the new levee . I raised the grade 2ft out a 6inch mow strip underneath then a 6ft redwood fence. 270 ft. Long. But to no avail. Every one can still see in my backyard and pool . This is all new and I'm not sure what to do !? Do I have to put clothes on to swim and garden for now on ? What would you guys do ? Anyone else have this problem ? Should we just continue to go nude in the backyard ? Any input ?

This topic was edited
RE:New privacy problems

That's a terrible situation. I don't think you should try to go nude if the walking path is that close. I had a school behind a house I had years ago. I built a large semicircular trellis, planted some Carolina jasmine along it the added some reed fencing to give screening until the jasmine grew in. So We had a little nude area but we weren't nude in the yard full time like you were. Good luck figuring something out.

This post was edited

I have a thought you might try...I've got one neighbor that can see my pool area. My privacy lattice helps but a lot of the leaves were blown away during Hurricane Michael. I've thought about taking landscape fabric (semi see-through) and stapling it to the backside of the lattice. It will be opaque close and solid from a distance. You might try adding two or three feet of privacy lattice on top of your fence and then add the fabric to it. It can't hurt to try.

This post was edited

I say you should file a lawsuit with both governments and make them plant you a hedge or build a high enough fence.

This post was edited

I would check the nudity laws in your state. In Florida you can be nude in your yard if you aren't doing anything lewd or lascivious. If it's allowed then go for it. If not, try and add some height to your fence. you probably don't have anything you can do about it as far as the government is concerned.

This post was edited

On the nude in Florida...is that a state statute or local? I'm wondering because I don't know how well it would fly in my neck of the woods.

This post was edited

In regards to my prior post...here's a quick sampling from an internet search:
"Nudity, public undress, or an exposed body part without the required intent or state of mind generally does not qualify as indecent exposure. ... Public nudity on a beach or public urination also likely does not qualify as indecent exposure if the state cannot establish the individual's lascivious intent." You can easily search and find most any variation on the above...good luck. PS...I now feel a lot better about my 'skinny dipping' in the pool.

This post was edited

Thanks you all for your comments and ideas. I will try some of them . I am planning on planting some trees this week so eventually that will help. I guess I will hang out in the shadows until I figure something out. But it will be swimming whether before you know it !

This post was edited