Learn it, Live it, Love it.

This. All day this. All night this. Tomorrow and every dang day after THIS!

This is my position on the issue, always has been, and always will be. It's just stated far more eloquently than I can manage because I'm just plain exasperated by the whole thing and quick to irritation with my word choices, but this is IT. I am so glad I found this article. I've always marveled at how the nudist community seemed so willing to accept unjustifiable sexual shaming while trying to battle against unjustifiable shaming over nudity when the two spring from the same poisoned well.

So read up, and then try to convince me why this is wrong. You won't, but feel free to try.

https://medium.com/overthinking-naturism/a-more-sex-positive-conception-of-nudism-18ebb384e745

This topic was edited
RE:Learn it, Live it, Love it.

Thank you for sharing this. The article is super! Lots of quality thought and good sense. In fact the attitudes recommended are much closer to the original German Free Body Culture which was the genesis of naturism / nudism as we know it. Negative attitudes towards sex and sexuality need to be rejected while protecting the freedom of naturists to enjoy social nudity without being bothered by unwanted sexual behaviour from others.

I just presented a paper that looked at cruising and public sex as the space from which a rehabilitation of the socio sexual cultural sphere might be possible. It starts with radical consent. The idea that we seek in dialogue, consent with all beings for all things interactive and co committed. As far as naturist spaces are concerned this notion of consent allows that sex is a potential and not a bad one inherently but that there is a negotiation of consent here that is unworkable. You can't get personal consent from each person. So the answer is no sex. The difference is the former ideals are restrictive while this is proscriptive and it forces active thinking about issues that require regular attention and thought, This also implies better research and understanding around the other forms of social nudity that are more sex positive.

This post was edited

Thank you for sharing this. The article is super! Lots of quality thought and good sense. In fact the attitudes recommended are much closer to the original German Free Body Culture which was the genesis of naturism / nudism as we know it. Negative attitudes towards sex and sexuality need to be rejected while protecting the freedom of naturists to enjoy social nudity without being bothered by unwanted sexual behaviour from others.

It seems to me that the same mature and respectful considerations should be in play with the nude world, as in the clothed world. However, just as in the clothed world, sex happens. That is the business of consenting adults and no one else. Disrespectful attempts is another story all together.

This post was edited

The key word is CONSENT: A nudist can never step over this word CONSENT1) Swingers consent to each other to having sex when and where they want but disregard thepeople around them (ie at a beach) who do not consent to this behavior2) A nudist consents to the rules set up at a nudist resort that prohibits sex and unwanted sexualadvances3) sexual attraction and sex is an in-born attribute but because one is nude does not the greenfor sexual advances and sexual intrusion towards someone who does not give their consentor in an area where such sexual in not permitted and you have consented to follow the rulesset forth in these areas ( resorts, beaches, nature, etc)4) Individual Rights to be nude. Individual Rights to be respected with dignity

I can't really believe I am defending Cap D'Adge but this is the most famous of the beaches and as such, you must know that it is a private beach owned entirely by the resort. Anyone on the beach who isn't trespassing came through the hotel. The guests and visitors to the hotel have no claim to violation of consent because the orgy that has gone on that beach for 40 years is there. It's advertised in the hotel literature, and hotel guests agree to the terms of service when they pay. Trespassers are breaking the law, so they have no right to complain. The swingers there, behind a building, facing the sea, hidden by a breakwater and hoarding are subjected to filming, photography and more, all without consent from the boats moored off the beach. I have no intention of going there, but it seems to me that if you're going to have this kind of a thing, this is actually sensibly planned for issues of consent.

This post was edited