Nude Firefighter Captain Faces Charges After 7-11 Purchase

"... enter the store nude because he said it was legal in Rhode Island."

Article: www.huffpost.com/entry/john-walsh-naked-firefighter_n_5cafa83ae4b098b9a2d0fb14
(contains local news video coverage)
-------
If it's legal, what went wrong?

This topic was edited
RE:Nude Firefighter Captain Faces Charges After 7-11 Purchase

Just because he said it was legal, doesn't mean it wasn't against either the state or town ordinances.

This post was edited

Rhode Island Nudity Laws
Address:
Providence, RI
Providence, Rhode Island, US
Category: Nudity Laws
Used in the following map:
C/O Hiking & Soaking in the Western U.S. & Canada
Rhode Island

* 11-45-2. Indecent exposure - Disorderly conduct. -- (a) A person commits indecent exposure/disorderly conduct when for the purpose of sexual arousal, gratification or stimulation, such person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly:

(1) Exposes his or her genitals to the view of another under circumstances in which his or her conduct is likely to cause affront, distress, or alarm to that person;

* 45-6-1 Scope of ordinances permissible. - (a) Town and city councils may, from time to time, make and ordain all ordinances and regulations for their respective towns and cities, not repugnant to law, which they deem necessary for the safety of their inhabitants... to prevent the indecent exposure of any one bathing in any of the waters within their respective towns and cities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post was edited

The thing to remember is the shop will be private property so even been legal been nude in public is legal it will be the right of the shop to ban people coming nude into it. My local shop/post office for so called hygiene reasons I have to cover my chest before coming in as well as having shorts etc on.

This post was edited