RE:Everyone have their Rigs ready for the 2019 season?

Seems I can't go a season without repairing or replacing a worn out part. Our rig is an '04 Winnebago. It's got 21, 000 miles on it. It belonged to my dad and he hardly used it. It wasn't abused but neglected and just sat in storage. It seems to do that even with us and when these things just sit, parts break. ;D

Dash air works and it's headed back to storage until early next week when I bring it back home for our trip up north. Looking forward to a nice long naked drive and a week on being naked at a resort!

This post was edited

It's getting real close to unloading and store ours for the winter. Our club already officially closed to visitors and were next on the chopping block a few weeks. I can fix about anything on a camper including the AC (yes Andy that was a jab I found humerus :D ) However at the beginning of season I tapped the gate at the club with the awning power arm. After a series of calling myself names I walked away from it and called the repair guy. Awning work I have and can do if I chose but have learned from doing it that I'd rather choose someone else to do it. Sadly it probably cost as much as Andy's AC repair.

This post was edited

Well... I took the coach back to storage and will pick it up again on Monday to get it ready for the 9 day trip up north. As expected... now the house batteries are dead and not sure if putting them on a charge for a couple days will do the trick. If not, I'll be making a trip to Costco for new batteries! Toys are so much fun but sure cost you a lot of money. Especially after you've paid them off! ;DDD

This post was edited

How far North are you coming on your trip?

This post was edited

Yep we have it all packed up for a 4 day stay at Glen Eden. We have not been there before but looking forward to a great time.

This post was edited

busy, busy day today. pre road trip preparations; remove a shelf in the bedroom that I kept hitting my head on, fuel, air in tires, 1/3rd of a tank of fresh water for the toilet, toilet prep, charge house batteries, chill the refrig and freezer, lube the awning arms, air out the awning, wash the windows, pack what little clothes we are taking, load the refrig and freezer. Generator is not working so I'm pretty sure it's the carb. I'll get some quick start tomorrow morning and see if I can get it running. Won't need it really. We'll have water and electricity.

I'm bushed! ;D

This post was edited

Sadly, I put our rig (travel trailer) to bed for the winter. Blow out all the water lines and suck in the RV antifreeze. You know it's end of season. here in PA when you want into Wally World for RV antifreeze and they have pallets of jugs out on the floor. This is the first year for us as newbie RVers so I was srrprised that it too 8 gallons of antifreeze to flush out all the lines and have some extra to put down the traps and tanks. And I was told by our dealer to NEVER put antifreeze in the fresh tank even though it is supposedly non toxic.

This post was edited

Yep. Put the trailer in storage last Friday.

This post was edited