RE:Experiences Convincing The Wife

Personally, and that's just my humble opinion: it might have been a little bit of a "faux pas" to bring in a third party without some preliminary agreement/discussion with your wife. Especially being a non-nudist, it doesn't surprise me she had an adverse reaction to the both of you being nude at home in her absence. Perhaps in the future some kind of advance notice would be in order.

With my first wife, there was a LOT of negotiation and compromise. A big step was when she finally agreed for me to be often naked at home; even though she was herself initially quite adamant about not joining me. From there I played the "long game." My nudity at that point was pretty much limited to staying nude after showering and before going to bed; or making breakfast nude after waking up on week end mornings. I started ordering nudist publications; leaving them hanging around the house. Occasionally she would pick one up, browse through it, make some comment that I would then address with her. Sometimes she'd just throw a passing comment and move on; sometimes she'd actually start a conversation if she saw something that "struck her" (and it wasn't always positive). Little by little, with every discussion, I was eventually able to ascertain the cause of her "hang-ups" about nudity. It was body-acceptance and upbringing. So the "goal" then became clear: getting her to be comfortable with her body and "debunking" the idea that nudity was always linked to sex. So I started doing little things, like giving her a nude massage after bathing. Encouraging her to sleep nude with me afterwards. Complimenting her after she showered or undressed. She wasn't always receptive (I got a lot of: "oh please...stop it"); but I stayed with it.
And eventually she started sleeping nude more often. It was "little victories" that gradually accumulated. Like the time she agreed to stay nude with me after showering and watch a movie (Educating Julie!) She had a lot of sarcastic comments about it (especially the acting); but it was clear she was starting to "get it" as she did mention that resort nudism seemed "like fun." And so conversations about social nudity began.

It would take nearly another year of increasing nudity at home and discussions about social nudity when I finally "convinced her." If she felt a nudist resort might be fun, but she was too self-conscious to be naked in front of other people: why not go, just stay dressed there and "see what happens?" I made it more about her comfort level than my own need to be socially nude. And she finally agreed. Long story short: we went, she started out in a sundress; had fun exploring the resort with naked me (more fun than she'd expected) and the next thing I knew all her clothes had come off and she in the guest house playing ping pong naked with me, having a blast. Two years or so prior she probably would have never thought (probably even loathed the idea) that she'd be at a nudist resort one day, not only completely naked, but having an enjoyable, shame-free conversation with the resort manager. Because I'd played the "long game": it nonetheless happened.

A lot of guys don't get anywhere because they don't want to play the "long game." Sure it can be frustrating and take along time; but patience and persistence will pay off much better in the long run.

This post was edited

The posts by nudony, bazil, and others are quite right. Take it slow and it has to be her decision. My nudist tendencies grew more later in life and my wife was generally okay with me being nude and she had never been shy around the house but would dress as soon as it as convenient. At one point we went on a vacation where the resort had a small clothing optional beach and she was okay with me going and stripping. A couple yeats later we were going to Grand Lido in Jamaica (before it was rebuilt) and I asked if we could stay on the nude side. She agreed as long as I understood she was not going to participate and I was not to pressure her in any way. Sh3 surprised me a couple days into our visit by losing the swim suit as she discovered that it was not about sex, no one care how you looked, and people were generally much more open and interactive.

This post was edited

my comments probably wont be helpfull but perhaps help to understand better. women that are adamantly against nudism for own reasons and or religious reasons they Expect us to change because they are the rightious one. They will make life be about their ways when it comes to stuff like that come hell or high water.. There are more men that just got divorced that got them to change or accept it . just ask around. facts are facts and Talk to AANR they have all the answes for getting women to accept it, or least they say they do. they sure dont try to make nudism for Men.

This post was edited